DVDVR Message Board

JBL Bullying/Harassing/Torturing Mauro Ranallo/MNM/Justin Roberts Duke The Dumpster Fire Droese Thread

TheVileOne

46 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I just have one point. If all this hazing shit has you pissed off and furious, you're not allowed to wax nostalgic or enjoy old stories about ribs , guys getting stiffed, and all the other crazy and fucked up bullshit that's been part of pro wrestling since forever . You're not allowed to pick and choose what insane behavior is ok and what isn't based on who did it and what  promotion it happened in.

I've been watching this shit for over thirty years, I've come to grips it. It's a shitty , weird, fucked up business and I'm pretty much ok with it, to be totally honest.

And the idea that a "wrestling scandal involving a Trump appointee " is possible has me giggling and despondent at the same time.

Instead of acceptance, it would be better if the tormenting culture decreased or better still, stopped. People shouldn't be belittled with or without mental health conditions. Bullying and behaving a massive twat is wrong no matter who does it and where. That's my bottom line.

EDIT: Know what I mean but not sure if I've said it right.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I just have one point. If all this hazing shit has you pissed off and furious, you're not allowed to wax nostalgic or enjoy old stories about ribs , guys getting stiffed, and all the other crazy and fucked up bullshit that's been part of pro wrestling since forever . You're not allowed to pick and choose what insane behavior is ok and what isn't based on who did it and what  promotion it happened in.

I've been watching this shit for over thirty years, I've come to grips it. It's a shitty , weird, fucked up business and I'm pretty much ok with it, to be totally honest.

definitely a fair point. for myself, maturity has changed my perspective on this kind of stuff. when you're 20 this stuff is much more relatable. when you're a few years older you realize these are adults acting like children. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The crowd would probably cheer JBL and he'd get one last run with the title.

If that ever happened I'd cancel the network, throw all my WWE stuff in the garbage and likely play games instead of watching the shows.

Though since I have some games to catch up on they might be unintentionally doing me a favor.

• Like 1

Between this bullshit, the fact I don't watch the TV shows, and I keep dozing off during PPVs, I'm done with the company anyways. Cancelled my Network sub a few days ago.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Meant to thank @TheVileOne for creating a thread for this.

Someone had to.

As for Mauro, I selfishly don't want him to accept any kind of settlement.  If he does, I understand.  At the same time, I think the only way for these things to really change and stamp out this problem completely is for people like him to speak up and just be honest about it.  

It's not that I want ill will against WWE.  However, I think the old mentality of treating people like garbage to weed them out or whatever needs to stop.  I've never understood that mentality or the paying your dues BS.  Especially if you are going to partner up with anti-bullying and be a star campaigns.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

The crowd would probably cheer JBL and he'd get one last run with the title.

Unless they make it really awkward by having Roman really beat the piss out of JBL in a half-hour long, merciless, fist-to-face, face-beyond-recognition, I-wanted-to-destroy-something-beautiful assault. The commentators have long since shut up, the crowd is really confused and feels awkward at what they're witnessing. Eventually Roman just stops, breathing heavily, looks around, probably pretty confused himself, and leaves. No posing, no music, no commentating. Just blood and awkwardness and sore knuckles. It's like losing your virginity all over again.

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

If you want the respect of your peers you need to pay your dues. That goes for every profession. 

Paying your dues has nothing to do with bullying, by the way.

It doesn't go for professional wrestling except selectively.

37 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

The new rumbling is that WWE is paying Mauro to keep quiet. If true, it's not a great look for WWE but it's par for the course when it comes to major companies settling with former employees.

And women involved with Bill O'Reilly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

If you want the respect of your peers you need to pay your dues. That goes for every profession. 

Paying your dues has nothing to do with bullying, by the way.

Mauro is one of those guys who's absolutely paid his dues though. He's done it all from calling Pro Wrestling and MMA to even being a heel manager in Stampede for a hot minute. He's someone who has a big profile outside of pro wrestling, and WWE went out of their way to recruit him. The idea that a company would court a guy with 20 years of experience who is so well respected by his peers and then make him "pay his dues" is silly. Mauro has been paying dues since the 90s, that's what got him to the dance.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

And women involved with Bill O'Reilly.

You have no idea how angry it makes me that FNC got rid of my beloved Red Eye but keep that talentless blowhard buffoon around despite what has come out about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammo~! said:

Mauro is one of those guys who's absolutely paid his dues though. He's done it all from calling Pro Wrestling and MMA to even being a heel manager in Stampede for a hot minute. He's someone who has a big profile outside of pro wrestling, and WWE went out of their way to recruit him. The idea that a company would court a guy with 20 years of experience who is so well respected by his peers and then make him "pay his dues" is silly. Mauro has been paying dues since the 90s, that's what got him to the dance.

In no way was I insinuating that Mauro hadn't paid his dues. 

Mauro and JBL has nothing to do with paying dues. It's JBL just being a (p)riq and exerting his dominance over those he feel he can intimidate without any fear of repercussion. 

Bullying has nothing to do with dues. 

7 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

In no way was I insinuating that Mauro hadn't paid his dues. 

I know you weren't. I was just using your point as a jumping off point to express my frustration at the situation. I absolutely agree with you that paying dues, or however you want to put it, is a crucial part of advancing in any field, and also that bullying has no place anywhere, any time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roman said:

Unless they make it really awkward by having Roman really beat the piss out of JBL in a half-hour long, merciless, fist-to-face, face-beyond-recognition, I-wanted-to-destroy-something-beautiful assault. The commentators have long since shut up, the crowd is really confused and feels awkward at what they're witnessing. Eventually Roman just stops, breathing heavily, looks around, probably pretty confused himself, and leaves. No posing, no music, no commentating. Just blood and awkwardness and sore knuckles. It's like losing your virginity all over again.

I would absolutely go nuts for Roman channeling his Shield persona, just being the silent ass kicker beating the everloving piss out of JBL. It certainly wouldn't be destroying something beautiful, like Jared Leto, just a shit stain immature child in a man's body.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Someone had to.

As for Mauro, I selfishly don't want him to accept any kind of settlement.  If he does, I understand.  At the same time, I think the only way for these things to really change and stamp out this problem completely is for people like him to speak up and just be honest about it.  

It's not that I want ill will against WWE.  However, I think the old mentality of treating people like garbage to weed them out or whatever needs to stop.  I've never understood that mentality or the paying your dues BS.  Especially if you are going to partner up with anti-bullying and be a star campaigns.  

Well said like a large amount of posts in this topic.

• Like 2

If there was a Bradshaw/ Hardcore Holly 'self-appointed minister of Rookie Discipline' guy around now, and he started a feud with Zack Sabre Jr, most people would be OK with it. But he'd have very little interesting to do after that was finished.