DVDVR Message Board

JBL Bullying/Harassing/Torturing Mauro Ranallo/MNM/Justin Roberts Duke The Dumpster Fire Droese Thread

TheVileOne

So this story has been blowing up this weekend.  You have the AMA by Justin Roberts.  You have the cryptic tweets by Mauro Ranallo.  Dave Meltzer saying JBL is tight with Vince and Vince basically approves and encourages JBL's behavior to weed out guys who can't take the humiliation, something Roberts corroborates, unless you hate Roberts.  And you have JBL attempting to defend himself with his own tweets, saying he never stole Roberts' passport but then claimed Roberts is an idiot and that the whole crew hated him.

JBL's history of being a terror behind the scenes is pretty well documented at this point.  So now that WWE is promoting the whole Be a Star thing...when does this no longer become tolerated?  And doesn't Vince McMahon's complicity make him equally at fault?  I don't think you can be partially intolerant toward this behavior.  

I have no idea if this is true, but Jonathan Coachman just quit his WWE coverage gig with ESPN.  He's come out in defense of WWE, but is it merely just a coincidence that he's stopped this when all this is blowing up? But then again, doesn't ESPN have a habit of soft-balling certain sports they cover like this when stories like this blow up?

EDIT:

Here's Coach's tweet from earlier today.

• Like 1

Has anybody else listened to the latest WOR? I'm so confused by Dave's tangential story about a WWE legend ripping on a current guy in its relation to the current JBL deal. It was really vague and confusing. Anybody know what he was talking about? All I remember is him saying that the legend ripped the current guy because women wouldn't want to be with him and men didn't want to be him/have a drink with him and then he blocked the current guy (I think?).

Dave swore more than I've ever heard him do before. He was certainly worked up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I'm so confused by Dave's tangential story about a WWE legend ripping on a current guy in its relation to the current JBL deal. It was really vague and confusing. Anybody know what he was talking about? All I remember is him saying that the legend ripped the current guy because women wouldn't want to be with him and men didn't want to be him/have a drink with him and then he blocked the current guy (I think?).

??? I think there may have been subsequent unblocking in this case. Fuck if I know. I don't Twitter well.

IIRC, Dave tore into Nash back when this occurred. 

Anyway, it took you guys way too long to start the Dumpster Fire thread. This shit looks to have at least another week of staying power and desperately needed to be quarantined. 

• Like 1

That's the one. Meltzer said Nash was very similar to JBL in his gutlessness. Though Kevin Owens is another guy who blocks anybody saying anything remotely negative about him, so it's not exactly like he's a paragon of taking on criticism. 

I love JBL on commentary but there seems to be a line of a dozen people he has ran off from the company. Roberts, Styles, Blue Meanie, Mauro and too many more to name all say the same story on him.

Will he eventually be DeMott'ed and fired? I hope they just send him to some kind of rehab or therapy. It's beyond needed at this point.

31 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

Will he eventually be DeMott'ed and fired?

If more people keep coming forward and it gets enough traction on social media, he definitely will. Hazing is pretty frowned upon these days.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Is blocking clowns on Twitter considered a bad thing? I don't understand why. 

Blocking clowns on Twitter who call you an asshole and jerk is perfectly acceptable and expected.  Blocking people on Twitter because you are tired of having a conversation on the subject is just a douchebag move

Seems the latest trend for the JBL defenders is to accuse the people who are calling him out as bullying them on Twitter.  

• Like 1

Be A Star could probably force their hand too. The problem both Meltzer and Roberts have pointed to is that this is an attitude coming from the top. Vince is all for this kind of shit.

• Like 1

I'm not going to ever take JBL's side, when there's smoke there's fire and all that and JBL has had smoke  following him around for years. However, a lot of people have varying definitions of what bullying is. The best thing to do is leave people the fuck alone. I think most ribs are probably harmless but the shit that's being said about JBL is not that..

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Be A Star could probably force their hand too. The problem both Meltzer and Roberts have pointed to is that this is an attitude coming from the top. Vince is all for this kind of shit.

At this stage of the game, does WWE actually own/control Be A Star?

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm not going to ever take JBL's side, when there's smoke there's fire and all that and JBL has had smoke  following him around for years. However, a lot of people have varying definitions of what bullying is. The best thing to do is leave people the fuck alone. I think most ribs are probably harmless but the shit that's being said about JBL is not that..

I listened to Mauro and Bas Rutten on Joe Rogan's podcast and they talked a lot about their PRIDE days. It certainly seemed like Mauro could take a good natured rib from friends. I think the big thing a lot of people are overlooking is that JBL and Mauro may have been coworkers but they certainly don't appear to have been friends in any way.

JBL just comes off as this arrogant prick who thinks everything he does is hilarious and everyone else is just too damn sensitive! He messed with the wrong guy here because Mauro has options. He can go somewhere else where people act like professionals. Even if Mauro had no issues, he might have left anyway. Life's too short to put up with people like JBL if you don't have to.

• Like 1

I said this in another thread, I think it's likely that JBL was an asshole to him but also that Mauro had a lot of other shit going on in his life (health wise etc..)  and WWE is very demanding. Vince is very demanding. The schedule is very demanding.  If I'm Mauro (and I do have my own psychological issues, not as bad as him but anxiety related) I try to cut out my triggers..  the best thing to do is alleviate stress. 

So that's where I stand on the whole thing. I think JBL was probably a small part of a combination of issues. I have no problem with people saying "fuck JBL" but what bothers me is the people who chalk up mental health issues as "Oh come on, he couldn't take a joke or rib?"  because it's very unlikely that is what caused him to quit. It's never just one reason behind anything.

53 minutes ago, Matt D said:

At this stage of the game, does WWE actually own/control Be A Star?

You're right. I guess it's their partners that could make a stink. I don't want people to lose their jobs but apologies are in order and more importantly there needs to be a cultural shift from within. There's a difference between ribs/pranks and the things JBL's alleged to have done. Well, unless you're Mr. Fuji. Fuck that guy too.

This is from the Observer's website:

Regarding last night's show, when talking about Be a Star, Be a Star is actually a WWE organization and not a separate organization, but has a number of different partners that are outside of WWE.

Regarding JBL and the Legends show, that's not a surprise. JBL is old school wrestling where you are expected to be a sycophant to those above you in the hierarchy and shit on those beneath you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Blocking clowns on Twitter who call you an asshole and jerk is perfectly acceptable and expected.  Blocking people on Twitter because you are tired of having a conversation on the subject is just a douchebag move

Meh. I've had more than my fill of internet conversations which have gone way too far down the rabbit hole. I've come to respect people's ability to cut that shit off and move on with their day rather than be tempted to engage in a "get the last word in" contest. I don't feel a lot of kinship with the JBLs and Punks of this world, but they've got a bit of sense on this level. 

Which isn't to say there's no place for internet conversation. I wouldn't be here if I felt that way.

Maybe I'm just a douchebag. So be it. 

I would bet that Owens, JBL and Punk all do quite a bit of reading on twitter. Otherwise they wouldn't be blocking thousands of people or saying they don't have time for so and so. The celebs who really don't pay attention are the ones who don't comment on anything or the ones who probably aren't even running their own account.

JBL saying "I didn't read it" is like Trump saying I didn't read it.