DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For APRIL 26 2017

RIPPA

Per PWI

Week 3

- Nikki Cross calls out Ruby Riot, asking to play and be friends. Ruby Riot comes out and stares Nikki down. The two brawled until pulled apart by the refs.

- Drew McIntyre def. Andrade Cien Almas 

- Aleister Black def. Kona Reeves 

- Ruby Riot comes out for a match, but is attacked from behind by Nikki Cross. The two brawl until separated by the refs and security.

Per WON

- Nikki Cross called out Ruby Riot and they had a brawl in front of the ring as security failed to separate them for some time.

- Drew McIntyre defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas

This was a hard-hitting match with unbelievable chops and slaps. McIntyre used a Claymore kick to win it.

- Aleister Black defeated Kona Reeves

Black again used a roundhouse kick to the head.

- Ruby Riot was making her way to the ring when she was attacked by Nikki Cross. They brawled all over the stage and ramp until security carried Cross away.

I like that they are building up the Ruby/Nikki feud. It does feel weird to see nothing really set up with Asuka. Makes me wonder if she really might get picked up during the Superstar Shake up.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, Eivion said:

I like that they are building up the Ruby/Nikki feud. It does feel weird to see nothing really set up with Asuka. Makes me wonder if she really might get picked up during the Superstar Shake up.

I wonder if Asuka is NXT's version of Brock Lesnar at this point. She's clearly the top wrestler in NXT and there's really no one on her level (maybe Nikki Cross and Ember Moon) so Asuka can just show up at her leisure, defeat someone and show up a few months later. Also this way anytime you see Asuka on TV it becomes a must-see event because you're not going to see the champ again for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Not listed in the spoilers was Gallagher/Bate.  Which was on just now and holy crap did I enjoy it.  I'm finding as time goes on I'm liking the WoS Sport style more and more so I'm all for what they were doing.  Highly enjoyable stuff.

As for the rest of it I liked the Cross/Riot interactions, Black's squash was impressive and Drew/Almas was enjoyable for what it was.  I sense they're going to wrestle again so I'm cool with them not going full-bore tonight.  Plus the story of Almas not giving a shit about losing is a good starting off point to where they take his character from there.  Good show all-around.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Wrong British dude, thanks Elvion

Almas/Drew was fun. Kind of like the like the direction they are going with Almas being a bit too focused on partying.

The Riot/Cross brawl was gret. I loved Nikki needing to be carried off by four officials.

The UK Title match was damn good.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Not listed in the spoilers was Gallagher/Seven.  Which was on just now and holy crap did I enjoy it.  I'm finding as time goes on I'm liking the WoS Sport style more and more so I'm all for what they were doing.  Highly enjoyable stuff.

Bate

I'm ready for NXT to get out of Full Sail. The only times the crowd wasn't dead they were being annoying. Drew basically squashed Almas. Black is looking really good in these squashes.

The Roddy video was much needed for him. I'm a little torn on if it would be awesome to have a Glenn Danzig impersonator for a dad or not.

19 minutes ago, JCM said:

The Roddy video was much needed for him. I'm a little torn on if it would be awesome to have a Glenn Danzig impersonator for a dad or not.

I guess it depends on how good his Danzig impression is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Bate

My bad, somehow got them mixed up.  Thanks.

And the Roddy video is hopefully a big step for those not familiar with him.  I heard him tell the story on Wrestling Observer radio, but to see the emotional weight behind these stories made him such a likable guy.  The times I met him he was always super nice and all goes well it'll be great to see people root for him partly because of these videos.

I love the Ruby Riot vs. Nikki Cross feud so much. That was the most "real" a brawl has looked in ages. They were clawing and grabbing hair.

They're also playing their characters/look the parts really well.

I used to go to a lot of basement punk shows when I was in college. Ruby Riot looks like a lot of girls I'd see at those shows or the parties after. Those girls were always cool-as-hell and could drink you under the table and dated the drummer in the best band in the area. They were always super funny and the life of the party. Maybe sometimes they like Warped Tour music a little bit too much or are into guys a little bit too old who look a little bit too much like Mike Ness from Social Distortion and maybe take roller derby a bit more serious than you'd expect. But overall they're really cool.

There was this show in Philly every year that I can't remember the name of now. But it would always get a lot of crustpunks coming through for whatever reason. There would be a whole lot of those dudes and would give anyone who had a job who walked past shit. And there's always some "alpha" in a crew like that spewing stuff about the system. Nikki has the look of the girl in that crew who sits quietly to the side while holding a dirty dog by a bandana and laughs when some "norm" gets shoved into a parked car. Girls like that have always been through a lot -- like some sort of "diagnosed with multiple mental illnesses in high school and ended up accidentally smoking cigarettes dipped in PCP and running off with drifters" saga.

I could totally see some dumb college basement show where Ruby is there to watch her boyfriend's band play. Then some gutter punk people crash the show and are all drunk and gross and rude. Some words are tossed and then Nikki just starts throwing fists and Ruby steps up because it's her dude's band and fuck these dumbasses.

They fight like that.

• Like 14

UK title match was fun.

That Roddy video... I've been watching that guy for well over a decade, finally he shows some personality. Great great package.

I still just don't get what people see in Almas. He's just failed to impress me completely in NXT.

The more Ruby Riot/Nikki Cross we get, the better.

• Like 1

Really good show. Almas/McIntyre was a bit underwhelming, but they are telling a story with Almas and I have no doubt the two will go at it again, maybe at a Takeover and get some time for more salty stiffness. So in 2016/17 we have seen Slater hold a title, Mahal getting a title shot on PPV, and McIntyre pushed strong as a title contender. 3MB is a long way from bumping around for El Torito. 

I'll echo the praise for the Roddy segment. More of that stuff, where character appropriate, please. Really helps fans connect.

Riot/Cross was a blast. They both bring so much intensity.

Black continues to be put over like a total badass. 

Bate/Gallagher was unsurprisingly excellent. Gallagher is great on 205Live, but to see him in this style was perfect. Loved Bate selling the arm preventing him from doing his signature wave. It's the little things. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Ambrose isn't the next Piper.  He failed. 

It's Nikki Cross. She's money. Crazy, psychotic, unpredictable money. 

I'm going to blame the writing for turning Ambrose into a PG, half-assed version of Piper. 

Watch his work as Jon Moxley or his Shield work, and it's absolutely there. WWE's booking and writers coming up with dialogue that no person would ever actually use does nobody any favors.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm going to blame the writing for turning Ambrose into a PG, half-assed version of Piper. 

Watch his work as Jon Moxley or his Shield work, and it's absolutely there. WWE's booking and writers coming up with dialogue that no person would ever actually use does nobody any favors.

Oh I was a huge fan of Shield era Ambrose. He had it down and was the only one o thought was interest9ng out of the three. 

• Like 1

Asuka's facial reactions to Regal talking about the #1 contender to her title were awesome. Asuka's going to kill someone at Takeover: Chicago. I think whoever wins the Women's Tournament this Summer is going to be the one to beat Asuka though (because by then she should beat Goldberg's undefeated streak)

11 hours ago, Brysynner said:

Asuka's facial reactions to Regal talking about the #1 contender to her title were awesome. Asuka's going to kill someone at Takeover: Chicago. I think whoever wins the Women's Tournament this Summer is going to be the one to beat Asuka though (because by then she should beat Goldberg's undefeated streak)

She already did beat his streak a week or two ago.