DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For APRIL 19 2017

RIPPA

Per PWI

Week 2

- The Authors of Pain def. Roderick Strong and Kassius Ohno - Jeet Rama def. John Skylar (possible dark match)

- Bobby Roode brags about selling out the Amway Center. He says the fate and future of the brand is in his control. He says he's upset Shinsuke Nakamura got in his ring and that the rest of the roster came out and celebrated. Roode says you didn't see him on the stage. He didn't want to listen to the crap coming out of Shinsuke Nakamura's mouth. He says none of the people in the crowd and none of the people on the stage belong in his NXT. Hideo Itami comes out and slaps Roode. Roode angrily jaws at Hideo, but gets a GTS for his trouble.

- Trent Seven, Mark Andrews, Pete Dunne and Wolfgang are shown in the crowd. 

- WWE UK Championship: Tyler Bate  (c) def. Jack Gallagher 

- Liv Morgan and Aliyah def. Billie Kay and Peyton Royce 

- Tye Dillinger def. Eric Young in a steel cage match  (Note: This was taped last, but should air during this week)

Post match: Dillinger takes a minute to talk about how his first run didn't go as planned and how this second run nearly didn't work either. He thanks the Full Sail fans for taking something further than he ever thought possible. He says there are talented men and women in the back and asks the fans to support them like they did him. 

Per WON

- NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain defeated Kassius Ohno & Roderick Strong

The champs won with their double team lariat on Ohno.

- Jeet Rama defeated John Skyler

The crowd had a lot of fun with Rama. He won after hitting a belly-to-back suplex.

- Bobby Roode came out to the ring for a promo about sending Nakamura packing. Hideo Itami interrupted and laid out Roode with a GTS.

- WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate defeated Jack Gallagher to retain his title

They did excellent chain wrestling and counters early on. It was a good, long match with a lot of grappling. Bate retained after hitting the Tyler Driver.

- Aliyah & Liv Morgan defeated Billie Kay & Peyton Royce

Aliyah caught a roll through pin to win.

- Tye Dillinger defeated Eric Young in a cage match

The crowd was hot for Dillinger throughout. This was a battle where they got thrown into the cage at every turn. Young hit an unbelievable elbow from the top of the cage. Dillinger hit a crossbody off the top and escaped the cage to win.

Dillinger locked the cage behind him to keep SAnitY locked in as he celebrated with Ohno and Strong, who had tried to run off SAnitY themselves. After the match, Dillinger talked about how much he loved us. He said that he's officially on SmackDown and we got him there. This was great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

That cage match was fun once EY dropped the elbow. Glad to see Tye go out with a big victory.

Dug the women's division video setting up everyone vs. Asuka.

Really dug Itami's return. I like that they are starting him off big.

2 hours ago, FireThunder said:

Is it bad that I thought the match had an old school feel to it because EY was busted open and the ref didn't run over and automatically staunch the bleeding?  A great moment to end Tye's NXT career.

Drake was the ref, correct?  He probably noticed it and thought "Pfft, you call that getting color?"

Solid show and I'm really looking forward to next week.

I think my favorite part of the main event was Dain's smiling head shake as he shut the door.  That needs to be .gifed asap.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 6:22 PM, FireThunder said:

Is it bad that I thought the match had an old school feel to it because EY was busted open and the ref didn't run over and automatically staunch the bleeding?  A great moment to end Tye's NXT career.

I don't think EY ever gave Drake the chance to come over and check on him, he's either covering up or flailing when he got busted open. And of course Drake who went through the process to at least look official by putting on the gloves but letting it slide knowing full well what EY was doing.

Wolfe going berserk at the lost was more than a little amusing.

• Like 1

I hate what they're doing with Billie and Peyton. A few months ago they were in the title match at a Takeover. Then Billie gets hurt by Ember, and they don't even try to come after her. They just do some lame "comedy" stuff, and lose to people below them on the card. They should be grooming Peyton as a top star.

I'd rather they just do an Asuka vs Nikki feud for the belt now because those two are clearly ahead of the rest charisma and character wise. I still have no earthly idea what Ember's character is or why I should care about her.

Billie and Peyton's "oh you" pointing/giggling pose was one of the worst examples of whatever producer tells NXT talent "And make you sure you do *this*... A LOT." It might be the most forced and egregious instance since Becky's Irish jig.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Suspect at least Billie is on the chopping block with all the new talent headed in. She might be saved if they do a tag division and decide they want the aussies as an established team.

They've talked more than once about their desire to be a tag team... maybe they are on the back burner til the new influx of women for there to be a women's tag division?

Color in the cage still feels right to me despite all the reasons it shouldn't. That elbowdrop off the top looked so good. A very nice send off for Dillinger and hopefully he can have a solid run on the main roster. Even though the 10 trend will fade I hope he can establish himself enough not to get Breezed.

The Asuka testimonial segment was good stuff building her up and making it a huge deal to be the one to finally take her down. 

Next week looks like it has a lot of potential to be some great in ring stuff with Bate/Gallagher and McIntyre/Almas.