DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For APRIL 12 2017

RIPPA

All in for Dylan Miley.  #makewrestlinguglyagain

Kimber Lee and Ruby Riot both looked good.  In a few months the women's division is going to be going full steam once again.

I don't know what's worse, Black's music or the new NXT theme.  He looked like a boss in the squash match and I'm all for a Black/Drew feud.

The few matches of Lorcan's I saw on the indies didn't do a ton for me.  He wasn't bad or anything, just kind of overshadowed by other people who did similar stuff better.  Up until his series with Almas I thought pretty much the same thing of his NXT work and after this bout with Drew I'm more invested in him.  Speaking of Drew he did some really good stuff in his time off and seemed to get a lot of his passion back.  Looking forward to see what else he has.

He's got the intensity and presence but there is a bit of a lack of character work beyond intense tough guy that would help people get behind him more. That's always been the case with him from what I can tell though he did have some awesome cheesy vignettes for Chaotic Wrestling when he was just starting out that I adore.

Spoiler

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Presentation-wise, Lorcan is missing something.  I dunno what, though.  Helluva worker, though.

Wins and catchphrase, but mostly the wins.

He's a great underdog that's always going full steam ahead no matter how much he's getting his ass kicked. He's been killing it whenever he gets the slightest opportunity, so hopefully he gets more to work with soon. That match with Drew is one of WWE's best this year.

Speaking of Drew, he's Exhibit A for why we still need the indies. His confidence and execution is a night and day from his last WWE run. I have a feeling he'll live up to WWE's expectations this time around.

Sweet send-off for Nakamura too, especially with Finn dropping by. It's good to see guys who deserve it get moments like that.

Well this is a weird twist.  After looking and listening to him, he is the Arnold version of Braxton Sutter with Braxton being the Danny Devito version

After looking and listening to him, he is the Arnold twin version of Braxton Sutter with Braxton being the Danny Devito twin version

• Like 1

I've always been a big Drew Mac fan, but man he was on a whole other level out there. Holding out hope they can make him a big deal again, he'd crush on Smackdown with the roster they have now.

• Like 1

Holy shit does Drew Mac ever look like a big league star. I know he's signed for a year, but this dude shouldn't be in NXT for a full year. I was never the biggest fan of his before, but he needs to be at the main event level on Raw or SDL.

That Drew match was awesome. So stiff.

Not enough love for The Iconic Duo continuing their video series of mockery. Billy Kay is good at slapstick. Funny bit.

I liked the Ember Moon introspective piece. She has everything but an actual character. This is a good start for that end of performing. Now I have a hook to follow her story. She got robbed on the biggest night of her career. Boom.

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Not enough love for The Iconic Duo continuing their video series of mockery. Billy Kay is good at slapstick. Funny bit.

If I were Billie, I'd be wondering why Peyton gave that video to the producers, instead of deleting it from her phone.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well this is a weird twist.  After looking and listening to him, he is the Arnold version of Braxton Sutter with Braxton being the Danny Devito version

After looking and listening to him, he is the Arnold twin version of Braxton Sutter with Braxton being the Danny Devito twin version

This would be such a great gimmick. 

The new theme song sounds like an early 2000's P.O.D song. Black's song really doesn't need the RATM vocals. Miley looked pretty comfortable out there. Ember pouting and doing the sad Charlie Brown walk isn't going to make her a more likeable baby face. Asuka has a ton of charisma, and her heeling it up only shows more of her natural charisma. They're going to fool around and make Asuka the big baby face in this feud.

It's kinda sad they couldn't think of a better way to set up a match for Billie and Peyton other than that silly backstage bit. That gutwrench catch by Drew was nuts. Great first match back for him. The thing I like most is that he carries himself like a star at all times. Aleister Black also has that superstar swag about him so it should be pretty hard for NXT to fuck up their next batch of top faces.

I thought the E was stupid as shit for not recognized what they had in Drew the last go around, but god damn, maybe it was the right call in the long run. This Drew is so much better then the old Drew. I know he's only set for NXT, but if WWE can't look at that guy and say "that's a gold mine" then I no longer think they can evaluate talent even a little bit.

Also, fuck yes to Miley. His Iron Claw Headslams looked like a god damned murder attempt. I love the idea of him as a guy who is more then willing to play by the rules and be a good sport, until he randomly loses it and goes borderline Feral. The only downside to Miley is he, just by being himself, seems so super human it's hard to imagine someone beating him in a straight up contest. Fuck, I'd have a hard time buying DIY beating him 2 on 1. He feels like more of a monster then the AOP as a unit.

12 hours ago, Brysynner said:

Drew McIntyre is getting the NXT strap at Takeover: Chicago right? The only negative is they got rid of his "Broken Dreams" theme. I understand why they did it, but it was such a great theme.

I would say Brooklyn in August for the Drew title win. If they keep Black undefeated until he faces Drew for the title that should be a money match.

For that tagline to work Braun would have to team with Dylan and work for the Authority, then later Dylan would have to become an announcer where he would presumably push too many pencils, thus allowing Braun to call him out for an unironic arm wrestling handshake and then fight the alien sent to hunt them. So Wrestlemania 34 will be Strowman vs the Predator, which I would definitely watch.

• Like 2