DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For APRIL 12 2017

RIPPA

From PWI

Dark Match: Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford def. Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli 

Week 1

- Aleister Black wins a squash 

-Tye Dillinger is interviewed and says he has some unfinished business. He faces Eric Young, next week in a steel cage.

-DIY def. Dylan Miley and a local talent.

Post match:  Miley lays his partner out.

- Ruby Riot def. Kimberly Frankele. Nikki Cross was at ringside.

- Andrade Cien Almas def. Danny Burch 

- Drew McIntyre def. Oney Lorcan. 

Post match: Drew says he could have signed anywhere. He has all the Raw talent and can lay the Smackdown on anyone, but NXT has the biggest prize and he'll run through everyone on the roster if he has to in order to win the NXT title.

- Shinsuke Nakamura comes out. He says one year ago, he challenged himself. He wanted a face the best in the world. He was already a champion in Japan.  He says NXT is energy, it's passion. He says the fans are crazy. They chant and they sing.  He says he is always NXT and We Are NXT. The entire roster comes out to congratulate him. Even Triple H and Finn Balor come out. Shinsuke takes some cell phone footage with the fans as he leaves. 

From WON

Dark match --
- Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford defeated Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss

Dawkins and Ford used a double team DDT for the victory.

NXT TV taping spoilers --
- Aleister Black defeated Corey Hollis

A roundhouse kick ended this pretty quickly. Black's entrance was a great visual.

- DIY defeated an unnamed enhancement talent & Dylan Miley

Miley destroyed his partner and stormed off after the match.

- Ruby Riot defeated Kimber Lee

Nikki Cross tried to distract Riot but it didn't work.

- Andrade "Cien" Almas defeated Danny Burch

Almas got the pin after a keylock DDT.

- Drew McIntyre defeated Oney Lorcan

There was a huge reaction for McIntyre, who has new music. He won a good, hot match with a Claymore kick.

- Shinsuke Nakamura cut an in-ring promo thanking us. The entire locker room went to the stage to send him off. Finn Balor and Triple H also joined him in the center for photo ops. Nakamura ran around ringside recording a video with the fans.

Aaaand Drew vs. Biff should be all sorts of ass kicking goodness. I like how they're building Drew up for Roode. Put him in there with guys he'll mesh with and won't be afraid to give and take serious ass whoopings. 

• Like 1

Frankele

Might be the most bizarre last name generated by the WWE in some time.  Why not go with Franklyn/Franklin?  Or just Frank?  But Frankele?  How is that even pronounced? "Frank-a-lay"? "Frank-e-lee"? "Frank-el"?

Kimberly Frankele[1] (born June 27, 1990) is an American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE on the NXT brand under the ring name Kimber Lee.   (As per wiki.)

Heidi Lovelace vs. Kimber Lee in a WWE ring. I dig this development in developmental.

And yes, I think the Frankele is pronounced like Urkel.

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That's her shoot name, dawg. I hope it's the latter, akin to Stefan Urkel.

Wait, so they're reversed their "Don't use shoot names" policy and THAT's the name they choose to reverse it for!

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

That's her shoot name, dawg. I hope it's the latter, akin to Stefan Urkel.

Also, don't let the wrong person in creative see this post, or you'll end up with Frankle with jeans pulled up past her bellybutton, snorting and craving cheese before a scientist finds a way to make her cool, at which point she'll be Frank-ell.

I'm a little surprised that they're debuting Dylan Miley as part of a jobber tag team, even with the "beat up his partner" spotlight afterward. As high as they supposedly are on him, I would have thought he'd get a little more build-up.

• Like 1

Yeah that's the thing that surprised me. He's been around in development forever but outside of one Access and the local Florida shows he's been pretty well hidden. There was some debate on here a while ago if anyone would ever go from development straight to the main roster again, so as to be a total surprise. They sort of did that with Braun after his NXT hype videos never led to anything (but I think that was injury related). I always thought Miley would be a candidate to get called up to align with Bray or something. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

That was the best episode of NXT I've seen in months. 

Every match built up someone or a feud. It just felt fresh. 

Also, goddamn if Oney isn't the most underrated dude around. In a fair world, he'd be getting the cheers and recognition Tye or Eric Young is. 

I think Oney might end up as a great long term build in NXT.

If he can keep taking these ass beatings while shining through until Takeover: New Orleans next year then he could get a massive reaction for finally winning the title. This is what I thought they were going to do with Tye Dillinger this year. Build him up to Brooklyn 3 and finally put Roode away.

The iron claw slam being one of Miley's moves already wins points for with me.

Drew/Lorcan was fun though that promo after the match kind of sucked.

I'm curious where they are going with Ember after her vid.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm just forgetful, but I don't recall Drew being that... physically imposing.  Catching Oney off the top and gut wrenching him onto the apron really impressed me.  That was a hell of a match.

They showed video on Facebook of Miley being completely apologetic to his partner as he was receiving treatment.  So he's going to be the NXT version of the Incredible Hulk.  You wouldn't like him if he's angry...

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He's like some weird combination of Bruno, Randy Orton, and Baron Corbin. What kind of sick Dr. Moreau created this monster?

If they had any sense: Bray Wyatt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

If they had any sense: Bray Wyatt.

Once Bray builds a new compound, he should start conducting experiments, trying to create a new family of half human-half animals. Perhaps Hornswaggle can be brought back as Bray's little mutant sidekick. If not Hornswaggle, then Puppet, as Bray's sidekick with an affinity for masturbating in garbage cans.