DVDVR Message Board

God Dammit - Don Rickles has died

RIPPA

Rickles told a great story in Rolling Stone's comedy issue a few years back.  He said he was on a date in the same restaurant as his friend Frank Sinatra.  He went up to Frank and said something to the effect of "Frank, I've got a hot date and it would really help me out if you'd come by the table in about five minutes and come up and talk to me", Frank agreed and Rickles went back to his table.  Five minutes later, Sinatra comes up and says "Don, how's it going?" and Rickles responded "Not now Frank, I'm busy!"

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, caley said:

Rickles told a great story in Rolling Stone's comedy issue a few years back.  He said he was on a date in the same restaurant as his friend Frank Sinatra.  He went up to Frank and said something to the effect of "Frank, I've got a hot date and it would really help me out if you'd come by the table in about five minutes and come up and talk to me", Frank agreed and Rickles went back to his table.  Five minutes later, Sinatra comes up and says "Don, how's it going?" and Rickles responded "Not now Frank, I'm busy!"

You can see Frank tell that joke at the end of the Johnny clip :)

4 hours ago, piranesi said:

This is what Don Rickles looked like 54 years ago:

don-rickles-burkeslaw-5.jpg

How is that possible??????

Just as Jack Benny was an eternal 39, Don Rickles was 54 for half a century. God bless him, a funny, funny guy and fine actor. I still recall him as a sleazy carny in Man With the X-Ray Eyes.

• 2 weeks later...