DVDVR Message Board

Greatest Horror of All Time - where to begin?

RIPPA

On 10/29/2017 at 11:18 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I bit the bullet, finished my list, and sent it to Rippa. If this thing doesn't fly I'll just post it here and we'll argue over it. 

I just need to post the official rules for the ballot and my deadline (ie: when I have fucking time to figure it out)

I also haven't had the heart to tell you you will need to resubmit since you left a lot of key information out...

• 3 weeks later...

Of course, it's his call, thus the Yes/No. I just think at this point it's about as dead as deciding on the PR and Portland '80s sets (well, maybe not THAT dead, but still dead). Maybe posting a ballot will at least create some argument/conversation or (cross fingers) inspire someone to actually make their own

I think it is you both are just eager beavers.

Most people will wait to the very last second on the very last deadline day to submit

*cough* JT *cough*

That being said - it could end up being like other movie projects where folks seem interested and then I only get 5 ballots.

That being said - I can set an actual deadline tomorrow and if I am not getting ballots we will all go on our merry way

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think it is you both are just eager beavers.

Most people will wait to the very last second on the very last deadline day to submit

*cough* JT *cough*

That being said - it could end up being like other movie projects where folks seem interested and then I only get 5 ballots.

That being said - I can set an actual deadline tomorrow and if I am not getting ballots we will all go on our merry way

That would actually be cool. I tend to organize stuff that I want to do by deadline, whether it's stuff I 'm getting paid for or not. For example, the calendar looks like this now:

11/30 Finish signing pages for Wilhelm book

12/1 Web Copy for John Blackburn books

12/15 Fritz Leiber intro

1/? DVDR 100 Greatest Horror Films

1/? Novella for Centipede Press

• 4 weeks later...

This is clearly insane, considering we're still mulling over a top horror question, but... just to spitball here...

Top Crime Films 

This is because I just got Thief and The Long Good Friday in the mail. It covers an insane amount of ground but it might be more of a softball (or not?) of a challenge. 

Anyway that's me just being ridiculous again

EDIT: And I watched some of Training Day today too so yeah

• 7 months later...

Maybe reading the bulk of this thread at work wasn't a great idea.

But anyway, if there were anything that needed to be necro'd, why not the Horror poll...has there just been an unspoken rule to kill all the poll-making? Is Phil just quietly letting us know he has better things to do (not that it's really fair if he's the one doing all the book-keeping for these all the time anyway)?

Not that I, of all people, should be bringing this up, since participating would just be an excuse to list Audition #1 and then dig up a bunch of new stuff to watch. Regardless, it's been an education, and I think I've skimmed enough things to try out even if this goes nowhere.

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Its August. Time to start prepping for this years hallowe'en stuff.

Yup. Let's do this. Between it and Brian Fowler's annual awesomeness it is time to get the party started.  Hopefully this year Brian actually has a list of films already previously reviewed . :)

Also I would like to take this moment to pay special tribute to the one Halloween display at my local grocery store that survived through the entire year from last Halloween by being small and stuck in the corner up by the registers and being for some collapsible grocery bags they want people to use now instead of plastic ones.

GOD BLESS YOU, BUDDY!!!

277lcbs.jpg

• 1 month later...