DVDVR Message Board

RAW and Smackdown Live Draft/Superstar Shake-Up Talk.

The Natural

In today's website update - Meltzer noted that most of the RAW talent was told that they are also working SDL on Tuesday

Basically everyone but Brock, Goldberg and Cena will be there and as per usual they are keeping the final decisions secret even from the workers

Official list for Raw:

• Apollo Crews
  • The Miz
  • Maryse
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Kalisto
  • Heath Slater
  • Rhyno
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Mickie James
  • David Otunga

That's a pretty terrible haul when you look at like that. Alexa and Mickie are the only ones I actually want to see.

SD is already higher on my watch priority just by virtue of all these guys leaving, let alone the fresh faces they'll get back to mix with AJ and Nakamura.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Official list for Raw:

• Apollo Crews
  • The Miz
  • Maryse
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Kalisto
  • Heath Slater
  • Rhyno
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Mickie James
  • David Otunga

That's a pretty terrible haul when you look at like that. Alexa and Mickie are the only ones I actually want to see.

SD is already higher on my watch priority just by virtue of all these guys leaving, let alone the fresh faces they'll get back to mix with AJ and Nakamura.

Ruben Amaro is apparently the secret GM of Raw. 

• Like 2

Anyone find it amusing that Apollo Crews was the first guy announced as moving to Raw, and he didn't even make an actual appearance on the show?  In the old brand split days, there were always a few people who seemed to get future endeavored right after switching brands, so I don't know that I would answer his phone anytime soon if I were him.

I'd love to see Braun moved to SD where he can have the room to run as a monster heel. Perhaps they can move him tonight, but still do the match with Reigns at Payback, like they're doing with Bray/Orton. Braun can job to Reigns and then move on to SD where he can be moved away from Reigns and the glass ceiling on RAW and then be built up as the unstoppable monster he should be. He can beat Orton for the WWE Title at SummerSlam and then hold it until Mania.

A few kayfabe things about the moves last night, though. I can fully understand in kayfabe why The Miz was the first announced on RAW. When this came up, GM Daniel Bryan probably hopped at the chance to get that guy off his show. He probably traded him for Jinder Mahal or something. And then the GMs both agreeing to swap the IC and US champions is also understandable, should Owens end up on SD. Kalisto will make a great addition to 205 Live and the Cruiserweight division. Even Apollo Crews has potential to be something. But why would Kurt Angle want anything to do with Curt Hawkins? Why take this guy who has done nothing but show up and lose matches in 30 seconds for the last several months? Or why go after Slater and Rhyno? Yeah, they are former SD Tag Champs, but going after American Alpha seems to fit more with Kurt Angle. Right?

EDIT: Also, with both Wyatt and Miz jumping, SD doesn't really have any top heels on the show. AJ seemingly turned face last week, but I guess Gallows/Anderson can jump and they can reform The Club and continue as heels. But who else do they get from RAW to be heels on SD? Rusev is one likely bet, but who else? I guess Corbin can be pushed to the top. But I think this gives my "Braun to SD" campaign even more merit.

Well the thing was that it appeared guys could just change shows if they wanted to

Because Miz and Maryse just said that they wanted to join RAW

And Rollins made that big show about how he SHOULD go to SDL but instead he will stay on RAW

So there was no rhyme or reason to things - even from a kayfabe point of view

Rollins said he should go to SD, but he doesn't want to take the easy way out and run from RAW. He then called out Kurt Angle to make sure he wasn't being moved. And Sami was in the back bothering Angle about if he's being moved or not. And it was also said Wyatt was a direct pick of Stephanie. So it was confirmed in kayfabe that this "Shakeup" is all in the hands of the GMs and Commissioners.

1 minute ago, Cristobal said:

Whereas we can probably assume that GM Daniel Bryan traded Miz and Maryse for a bag of kale chips and some fair-trade cloth diapers.

To be fair, if you've been to Whole Foods recently, you'll know that kale chips and fair-trade cloth diapers are fucking ridiculously expensive. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I guess it's official. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens are going to be forever linked together, just as El Generico and Kevin Steen were.

The Fight Forever chants are coming for you.

• RIPPA locked this topic