DVDVR Message Board

RAW and Smackdown Live Draft/Superstar Shake-Up Talk.

The Natural

Poor, poor Smackdown. At least Roman not switching means he has only approximately a 95% chance of winning the Rumble. This way it's not a lock to force the brand jump back to Raw. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I kinda want them to trade Bray to a new show that is taped on the moon but not televised (to earthlings).  We have to suffer.  Why should the moon people get off easy?

Poor, Watcher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Um i don't think it's a parody video. The YouTube Description says its a tape of a wrestling show on local access from Ellensburg, Wa back in 1995. Ellensburg is a college town smack dap in the center of the state, it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I think its local kids with nothing else to do so they made their own wrestling show on local TV.

Fair enough, I'll still check it out and enjoy it.

The more I think about it the more I'm loving the idea of Charlotte to SD.  There's some great matches to be had with Naomi, Becky and Mickie.  I'm not loving as much Alexa being on Raw.  I feel that SD gave her a better chance to show what she's about.  With the likes of Bayley and Sasha she might end up being lost in the shuffle.

Have Charolette on SmackDown feuding with Naomi over the Smackdown Championship.

Put Alexa Bliss on Raw and make her and Sasha the Mean Girls of the lunch room to turn a phrase.

New Day and Enzo and Cass on Smackdown to breath some life into that tag division.

Dave spending several minutes wrestling with the idea of Drifter on the main event and what it means... He's going to be a Main Event job guy or maybe somebody they use on either main roster as purely an enhancement guy.

I'm not sure about leaving Roman on Raw, but I'm all for them clearing a path for Nak. He can over Miz, Ziggler, then take the belt from Orton at Summer Slam. Only problem is getting quality feuds for him afterwards.

There's always the Cena match looming, but that should be saved for Mania.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Lose Cena and AJ and gain Nakamura. No, SDL is still getting screwed. 

RAW will have Lesnar, Reigns, AJ, Balor, Owens, Rollins. WTF?

Well Lesnar is only there part time (despite being the champ so hooray for the usual WWE double standards) and most likely Balor, Joe or Rollins is going back in the other direction

So I would only say SDL is screwed is if it is Rollins

• Like 1

I think you almost have to send a couple uppercarders to Smackdown to replace AJ and Cena.  Otherwise, there's almost no depth to Smackdown.  Remember, AJ feuded with Ambrose not too long ago.  And Ziggler seemed poised to main event.  Hell, Ziggler was rumored as a potential WM opponent for Cena.

I think they could restock SDL nicely.  Send over Zayn, Joe, Balor and/or Rollins.  Send over a couple tag teams to give the division some depth (I'm thinking Enzo and Cass.  Ugh).  Send Cesaro/Sheamus so you have two more uppercarders/potential main-eventers on the roster when the tag team runs its course.  Charlotte and/or Emma to restock the women's division. Etc.

Of course, what Vince will probably do is treat SDL like the proverbial black sheep and move over anyone with half a chance of getting over.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Always gotta pair the luchadores together.

Of course, as we just had La Luchadora #1 and La Luchadora #2 facing off at Mania.

Here are the swaps I would make:

To SD: Rusev, Zayn, Balor, Charlotte, Emma, Enzo/Cass, New Day

To RAW: AJ, Miz/Maryse, Luke Harper, Alexa, Mickie James, American Alpha, Baron Corbin, Kalisto (for 205 Live), Mojo Rowley

I bet Vince just saw those Harlem Shake videos and got all, "Goddamn, pal.  You put the Raw and SmackDown Superstars in separate rooms and we see them on a split screen.  The music's playing and they're dancing.  Then the music stops and the screen goes blank.  Then the music starts up again and the Superstars are dancing but look, one of the Raw Superstars is now dancing in the SmackDown lockerroom!  SUPERSTAR SHAKEUP!"

I'd do, to the Red Team: AJ Styles, Luke Harper, Mojo Rawley, Kalisto, Alexa Bliss, Carmella, American Alpha, JBL, Ranallo, Otunga

To the Blue Team: The Big Dog, Big Bart/Christian Joy, Sheamus, Bo Dallas, Sami Zayn, Charlotte, Dana Brooke, Epico, Primo, Hibiscus, Graves, Saxton

Harper vs. Strowman.

Big Bart vs. Wyatt.  Farm vs. compound.  Big Bart wins the Wyatt compound but it's haunted.  Jinkies!

Split up Sheamus and Cesaro cause I'm sick of hearing about how underrated Cesaro is.  Without the Big Dog, the top faces on Raw are a cosplaying geek and a crossfit dork.  If Cesaro can't grab that brass ring against those two then he never will.

Maybe Zayn or Owens will finally learn to throw a decent punch if they aren't throwing bad punches at each other all the time.  Also, Zayn to SD just for a backstage vignette where he interrupts Reigns and Ambrose and he and Ellsworth try to get in on the Shield fist bump.  And then maybe ship Ellsworth to Raw too.

Charlotte vs. Naomi.  The battle of no ass vs. mo ass.

Slater/Rhyno feud with The Shining Stars when Slater tries to take his family to Puerto Rico for vacation but learns the PR stock he bought from The Shining Stars is worthless.

I'd be okay with Ranallo never coming back and JBL getting shitcanned but maybe shipping them all to Raw to work with Cole might help.  I mean, it'd help SmackDown's announcing.  Probably not the bullying.  Or Raw's announcing.