DVDVR Message Board

SDL is God Bless The Miz - 4/4/2017

The Comedian

Great surprise debut for Nakamura. Miz is a perfect first guy for him to go through.

Seems like Alexa is heading to RAW. Match was OK. Naomi headed into that lame WWE territory of overselling your limb / needing to hit all your high flying stuff. Maybe she was practicing for having to sell against Charlotte?

Bray getting the title back would be pointless but that seems to be where we're headed. You'd think if he had all this extra shit he would have broken out instead of the hologram worms at Mania.

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

always knee deep in vag.

Look, I'm not here to yuck at anyone's yum, but I don't think that's how it works.

AJ saying Smackdown Live is the house that AJ Styles built felt like him telegraphing getting moved to Raw as a "surprise"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I also think that AA are going to Raw so we can get the Kurt Angle tie in.

Sheamus/Cesaro and Enzo/Cass on SDL for AA and The Hype Bros.

Also can we use this to finally get Kalisto on RAW and into the CW division? He and Neville seems like an obvious SummerSlam match.

AJ going to RAW for sure. Will be cool to see he and Balor face off for control of 'The Club'.

Zack Ryder is on the shelf, so maybe we get Cesaro/Sheamus and Enzo & Cass to SD for AA and Breezango, perhaps?

Kalisto should have been in the CW division from the start. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I've been thinking New Day and Cesaro/Sheamus to SDL and Alpha to RAW. 

Looks like a Charlotte for Alexa swap is happening which is...  I don't know.  I don't need to see Charlotte steamroll through Naomi. 

Nia Jax as Alexa's muscle could be fun.

Charlotte is Naomi's best chance to have good matches and a feud that people care about. I like Alexa's mic work but she's only adequate in the ring and doesn't get much of a reaction. Naomi even said on Talking Smack tonight that she wants to get in there against Charlotte and see how she measures up because they're on a different level athletically than everyone else.

They'll get time and a prominent position on the card instead of being in the "cut for time" position.

• Like 2

The great thing about NXT is you get debuts from new guys that get actual reactions.  Imagine the reaction for Matt Bloom after he showed up at NXT, steamrolled a few guys then headed to WWE, it would be night and day for reactions.  Of course, that Tensai gimmick was all sorts of ill-conceived still.

2 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Charlotte is Naomi's best chance to have good matches and a feud that people care about. I like Alexa's mic work but she's only adequate in the ring and doesn't get much of a reaction. Naomi even said on Talking Smack tonight that she wants to get in there against Charlotte and see how she measures up because they're on a different level athletically than everyone else.

They'll get time and a prominent position on the card instead of being in the "cut for time" position.

That's fine for a month but when Charlotte is on a year long run while Naomi is off TV every other week I'm not going to look back on it fondly.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's fine for a month but when Charlotte is on a year long run while Naomi is off TV every other week I'm not going to look back on it fondly.

As opposed to this great run she'd go on defending against Nattie and Carmella? That's the alternative.

This way she'll establish herself as the #2 face on Smackdown behind Becky unless she completely drops the ball in the feud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie M. said:

As opposed to this great run she'd go on defending against Nattie and Carmella? That's the alternative.

This way she'll establish herself as the #2 face on Smackdown behind Becky unless she completely drops the ball in the feud.

One of the reasons I was enjoying the SDL women's division is because there was no dominant figure. Becky is obviously the best in-ring worker on the show but her personality didn't overshadow everyone else.  Alexa and them weren't having spectacular matches but they were given TV time, they were given an opportunity to figure it out and improve as characters and performers.

Charlotte worked on RAW because the star power of Sasha and Bayley kept it reasonable. Charlotte on SDL will be Triple H 2003.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Charlotte on SDL will be Triple H 2003.

As opposed to Triple H a couple years later who doesn't want to work Tuesdays?

5 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

That's silly. We just saw Charlotte do all sorts of clean jobs and put everyone else over. She's also friends with all these people.

Yes to established stars. I'm not saying she is holding people back, I'm talking about how she'll be booked against women that they don't view as worthy.

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes to established stars. I'm not saying she is holding people back, I'm talking about how she'll be booked against women that they don't view as worthy.

Those were the only people in the division. Unless you wanted her doing jobs to Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke.

25 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Correction: Naomi is the #1 face for the SDL women.

Just now, Charlie M. said:

Those were the only people in the division. Unless you wanted her doing jobs to Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke.

I don't NEED her doing jobs to anyone. My point is that the women on SDL were all on equal footing and they all received the same amount of TV time. It gave them more opportunity to get their characters over and also work in front of live crowds. I don't see any of that continuing with Charlotte there. It will be one title feud and Charlotte will always be involved so what happens with the other women.

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't NEED her doing jobs to anyone. My point is that the women on SDL were all on equal footing and they all received the same amount of TV time. It gave them more opportunity to get their characters over and also work in front of live crowds. I don't see any of that continuing with Charlotte there. It will be one title feud and Charlotte will always be involved so what happens with the other women.

Equal low footing in stuff that no one in the audience really cared about when the bell rang.

They can still have other feuds. That's on the writers. The Smackdown ones seem more comfortable filling time with a secondary women's feud. RAW's problem was a lack of depth and the decision to focus on Nia as a secondary heel and then getting cold feet about putting her in real programs.

I don't get the issue here. Bringing someone of importance in both the fans and the company's eyes to Smackdown is what this division needs more than cutesy little segments that lead to mediocre heatless matches. That's pretty much the Smackdown women's division. They've gone close to a year without one great match. Naomi losing a great 15-20 minute featured semi-main event match to Charlotte on the next PPV will do more to establish her than any 4 minute divas level match against Nattie will.

• Like 1

I can't agree with that..   Naomi has been very over of late.  Alexa Bliss got over too.  There was interest in her feud with Becky. There was interest in the Natty/Nikki feud as well.  The matches themselves could have been better but that was part of letting them figure it out. It was a young division. But they were all improving and all establishing themselves.  To say it was "divas level"  I don't agree with that at all.

• Like 2