DVDVR Message Board

SDL is God Bless The Miz - 4/4/2017

The Comedian

I can't agree with that..   Naomi has been very over of late.  Alexa Bliss got over too.  There was interest in her feud with Becky. There was interest in the Natty/Nikki feud as well.  The matches themselves could have been better but that was part of letting them figure it out. It was a young division. But they were all improving and all establishing themselves.  To say it was "divas level"  I don't agree with that at all.

• Like 2

Wait are we really questioning how SDL will handle multiple women outside of the title picture?

Didn't they just finish a run of like... 3 months with Becky/Micky/Alexa, Natalya/Nikki/Carmella and the slow build of Naomi? If Nikki is leaving and Alexa is on RAW then Charlotte on SDL will be great. They can build the show around her. I would even say she will main event multiple SDL PPV's in 2017.

Meanwhile the other girls can all get built up and maybe we get an Asuka debut after SummerSlam?

Two questions:

1. Since I haven't watched in forever does Miz still have the IC belt? Because it would be so fucking fitting to have that around Nak's waist. 

2. Are they really gonna redo the Chamber of Horrors match from WCW? Because they should. 

21 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Two questions:

1. Since I haven't watched in forever does Miz still have the IC belt? Because it would be so fucking fitting to have that around Nak's waist. 

It would, but Corbin has it. God knows Nak has enough practice modeling a white IC title though. 

Edit: Didn't pay much attention to match tonight, saw Corbin beat Ambrose, assumed he won the title. Oops. 

This might be hyperbole and a result of me being up for about 18 hours straight-- but as god as my witness, Nakamura is lighting in a bottle.

i have not seen a reaction like that for a new wrestler since Rock or Austin. And he literally just showed up to the main roster.

If they can manage to book him the right way, he will be getting attitude-era Austin level pops.

Glad Nakamura debuted. I wish Tye stayed in NXT to win the belt off of Roode. I have trouble seeing him succeed on the main roster.

It looks like AJ has finally turned face. I want him to stay on SDL purely from a decent booking standpoint. Realistically though he really has nothing left but an Orton feud which I don't want to see.

Glad Corbin is IC champ.

Hopefully the shake up sees Sheamus & Cesaro put on SDL. I would love to see Charlotte or/and Nia Jax moved as well.

Tye has always been a mechanic there to help teach the green boys how to work. The fact he's gotten this far is credit to his gimmick but I don't really see a need to push him beyond lower card utility guy that helps the more inexperienced workers and those coming up from NXT acclimatize.

I had goosebumps during the Nakamura debut. Nakamura and Bray Wyatt interactions FTW.

I was just thinking about how AMAZING Nakamura-Reigns is going to be.

Also, that Tye Dillinger debut was amazing.  Dillinger had that look of a guy who thought his WWE ship had sailed absolutely living out his dream.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thibs said:

This might be hyperbole and a result of me being up for about 18 hours straight-- but as god as my witness, Nakamura is lighting in a bottle.

i have not seen a reaction like that for a new wrestler since Rock or Austin. And he literally just showed up to the main roster.

If they can manage to book him the right way, he will be getting attitude-era Austin level pops.

Imagine the pop he would have gotten if the lights just went out in the middle of the Miz promo and the music started.  I'm thrilled that he's on the main roster, but man, it's like they didn't trust that people wouldn't know who he was unless a violinist showed up first.

Yeah, like Vince has the slightest clue how to book Nakamura.  I expect him to be jobbing to Baron Corbin and suddenly blowing green mist in a matter of months.  I hope I'm wrong.  

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

Imagine the pop he would have gotten if the lights just went out in the middle of the Miz promo and the music started.  I'm thrilled that he's on the main roster, but man, it's like they didn't trust that people wouldn't know who he was unless a violinist showed up first.

Yeah, like Vince has the slightest clue how to book Nakamura.  I expect him to be jobbing to Baron Corbin and suddenly blowing green mist in a matter of months.  I hope I'm wrong.  

And throwing salt. Don't forget the salt. 

*Mojo Rawley laying in a field staring up at the clouds*

"Whatchya thinking about Mojo?"

"Oh ya know, what Andre the Giant would have been like on a dance floor. Normal stuff like that." 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

After THAT?! I mean, I know they can fuck up sliced bread, but Vince was probably creaming his pants over that reaction and too afraid to touch it. Right now, at least.

• Like 1

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

After THAT?! I mean, I know they can fuck up sliced bread, but Vince was probably creaming his pants over that reaction and too afraid to touch it. Right now, at least.

Yeah, until Vince hears him cut a promo.

And yes, if WWE didn't have anything to do with sliced bread and then were offered it, yes, they would fuck it up, because it wasn't their idea in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Wyatt/Orton feud needs to be more over

And yet, it's not in the least bit over, by either definition of the word.

But yeah, we got the IC title switch we should have had yesterday, we got good debuts for Dillinger and Nakamura, and even if AJ is leaving, it looks like the talent swap has a good chance to fill some of the major holes this show has. 

Which is funny cuz Xavier...I'll see myself out.

Holy fuck, Nak's debut is probably the first time I have gotten the goose bumps during a debut since Taker showed up.

Nak is super fucking over..  Violin dude should be put on the payroll and always play live when Nak comes to the ring.

And what Sammo~! said.  Nak vs. Miz was the feud I didn't know I needed until today.  Too bad for Miz that he'll get the short end of that stick. 

I would've like to have seen Miz build a little heel momentum before being fed to another super worker..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Too bad for Miz that he'll get the short end of that kick.

Or knee, depending on how he decides to attempt dislocating his jaw/fracturing his orbital bone/etc. From what I've seen with the Boma Ye/Kinshasa he likes to switch it up a bit.