DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Roman is Worse Than Polio - 4/3/17

Dolfan in NYC

The opening to RAW was perfect. The show started with loud and long Undertaker chants then taking turns with Roman Sucks. Roman comes out to loud boos. As Roman waits to cut his promo, he gets nuclear heat with delete, fuck you, Roman, Ro-man sucks, asshole chants and boos as he lifts the microphone to talk. I chuckled at Roman swaying his head to the Ro-man sucks beat and he was right pointing to his palm saying “I have them in the palm of my hands”. The promo? This is my yard now, drops the microphone and walks out to huge boos. Just fantastic.

I also enjoyed the Revival making their deserved main roster debut against the New Day. Bonus marks to Corey Graves’ commentary about the Revival as they made their entrance and Revival knocking over the New Day’s cart.

RE: Hardys -- without the broken stuff, I expect their run to go about the same as the Dudley's went.

At which point I'm not sure what they'll do since they probably won't be making a killing on the indies without that gimmick. 

I think The Hardyz, especially Jeff, were way more over and a bigger deal than the Dudleys ever were, so I don't think it'll go that poorly or drop off that quickly.

But in general, yeah. Hell, it's even the same thing they did to Bubba, not letting him be Bully Ray and all that.

• Like 1

Meltz:

Bayley & Brooke & Banks beat Charlotte & Jax & Emma in 11:01. So after six months or more, Emma came out and her big debut was a trios match where she was an insignificant part of, not focused and her team lost. This match was pretty bad featuring Banks and Brooke doing the worst double dropkick in history on Banks. It was like Pierroth was put in Brooke’s body.

Aww.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Meltz:

Aww.

No wonder when you read the sentence before the bolded by you ; ).

"This match was pretty bad featuring Banks and Brooke doing the worst double dropkick in history on Banks."

13 hours ago, Thibs said:

RE: Hardys -- without the broken stuff, I expect their run to go about the same as the Dudley's went.

At which point I'm not sure what they'll do since they probably won't be making a killing on the indies without that gimmick. 

I'm not sure why people expected WWE to run the Broken Hardys angle from the start.  There's no reason for them to be Broken....yet.  In the WWE Universe they're still picking up where they left off years ago, the same way the fans remember them from the 2000s.  But now that they've got the tag belts, they can have the strain of holding the titles break them, or have them lose the belts or run some angles with them that could easily lead to them being broken and have Matt & Jeff feuding again or something like that.  They are on a high right now, and as Matt said, it seems to have kept his CONDISHTION in check temporarily, but just let the story play out.

I don't know if Vince just redoing the Broken Matt story would work though. It's pretty obvious the hardcores have seen it once already. It's like how they try to redo the four horsewomen angles on the main roster like people haven't seen this narrative before. Its doesn't work nearly as well.