DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Roman is Worse Than Polio - 4/3/17

Dolfan in NYC

Angle's GM tenure is all ready great for his deadpan of "that's not how you spell soft". His whole back and forth with Enzo and Cass was amazing and the fact no one has ever had little quips like that for them is outstanding. You can tell Enzo was stunned.

• Like 5

- I really wanted Roman to control the boos by lifting the mic to his mouth and then put it down and then like alternate going fast and slow.  As far as people having that much heat, remember that promo setting up Dolph and Cena where the crowd tried to drown out Vickie every time she'd go to talk?  If they want to turn Roman heel, they missed the chance to have him come out in Taker's gear from last night.  I think people might have hopped the rail and got murderlized.

- Fuck that crowd for playing with beach balls during Neville/Ali.  As I said on twitter, they deserve to have Mike Rotunda come out and put on a 20 minute abdominal stretch where he grabs the ropes when the ref isn't looking.

- Vince announces the "Shake Up", of course, we don't know if it's a draft where you can pick anyone or lottery or if you can protect x-amount of talent.  I fully expect Raw to get AJ and Alpha and for Smackdown to get Big Show (who's retiring) and the Shining Stars.  I did laugh vince teased that everyone was sad tonight because a superstar wasn't here and of course, it was Stephanie.  

- I did like the New Day's LOD shoulder pads with ice cream cones like a Dare To Be Stupid video.  I'm assuming Kofi is hurt and that's why he didn't wrestle and got taken out.  Why are the Revival the fucking best?  This:

- People where commenting on how much Kurt was sweating tonight.  To borrow an old joke from the board:  Gary Hart sweating exhibition

- I was fully expecting Dana to turn on Bayley and Sasha.  Great to have Evil Emma back, she looked good in her match, if she stays healthy, she's a welcome addition to either brand's roster.  And her reaction to Nia's rampage at the end of the match, beautiful:

-  Man, Enzo and Cass are the perfect example of not striking when the iron is hot.  Think of their debut on Raw last year and tonight.  Taking into account it was a very european crowd,  given, injuries, but if they were going to put the belts on them, they are probably 6 months too late.  I like the act and I think Enzo is a good talker, but at this point, I'd rather see him as the bumping manager who occasionally is in 6 mans and talks mad shit while his two goons do the wrestling because his ringwork is soooo not good, especially after blowing that Eat The Feet last night.   

- Jinder is turning into Bane

- Yeah, Finn teaming with the guy who injured him is fucking dumb.

- Post Raw, I thought Bill's speech was good in reigning in the crowd and the adlib on his kid tripping was funny, but man, did he seem like he mad at his family for making him come back, just in tone (I hope you're happy!)  I would assume the bathroom time comment is either ice or salt baths for recovering from work outs... or protein dumps.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Wonder what people in KC think about that? 

That they're wrong and missing out.

I thought this Raw was pretty low-key for post-Mania. Looks like they're saving most of the new angles for after the draft. Revival, Finn, and Angle were all cool and good in their roles tonight, but weren't surprising in the slightest. Emma's return was the one that caught me the most off-guard, and I really hope Nia turns face. I think that's where the money is with her.

Love Angle as GM, already great. Emma's return was one of the big highlights of the night. Very much ready for an Emma title reign to breathe some new life in to the division, especially since Charlotte's dropping as many falls as possible lately. Balor's return was predictable as soon as that match was announced but good to see him back, agree with others on the stupidity of teaming with the guy who put him out though. Braun interrupting Brock felt rather underwhelming with how much less momentum Braun has compared to a few months ago. Revival/Hardyz should be awesome.

Really not excited for any type of draft, especially since it hasn't even been a full year yet. But I've loved the SDL roster as it is and anyone I hate is on Raw so I wish it could stay that way and just have moves here and there throughout the year. Worried for who SDL is going to lose and gain instead.

It's not a full blown draft so I'm guessing either it's a trade window, an expansion type draft where you can protect a certain amount of guys (which wouldn't make sense for a wrestling show) or it's going to be random selection out of a hat.

A trade window would be legitimately interesting.    Random selection will suck because it always sucks.  Somehow a big star is selected and that's followed by another big star.   A tag team is selected and somehow the very next selection is another team.  Just awful. 

I see the AJ and Roman switch happening because that saves Roman from facing Brock.  AJ is the top guy on SDL with no Cena around. 

I see Charlotte moving because Sasha and Bayley are probably feuding soon. It'd probably be a disaster for Naomi and Alexa. Charlotte will just beat Naomi within a month and then she replaces Alexa as the top heel so good luck with all that.

Tag teams I think New Day goes to SDL because RAW has the Hardy Boyz now. Maybe they switch out Cesaro and Sheamus also.

8 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

From what I can glean from RAW Talk, Bayley is no longer an underdog inspiration to younger girls. Bayley's gimmick is now basically "Awkward nerdy possibly autistic Youtube girl mark who makes videos about how hot the wrestlers are while wearing a CM Punk tshirt and have a bunch of wrestling action figures on her shelf in the background."

Well, at least that's a gimmick Creative knows how to book (lots of allegedly "funny" skits; see Santino), unlike her previous gimmick, which they seemed to have no idea what to do with.

I'm not thrilled about AJ going to RAW but that's probably a done deal.  I can deal with the draft is they send Finn, Reigns, and maybe Rollins to SDL.  And a couple decent women to give Becky something to work with.  Charlotte and Emma, maybe.  Charlotte probably needs to change shows or turn babyface (ugh) soon to get some fresh opponents.

Of course, what I expect  they'll do is screw SDL over and leave Orton and Bray on SD to make sure nothing interesting happens.  It doesn't help that SD's general managers seem to be kayfabe inept.

So with the Hardys, I heard this on the LAW and looked  it up. Official WWE Youtube clip views from WM:

UT Entrance 1.4 mil

Goldberg Lesnar highlights 1.3 mil

Cena proposal 3.8 mil

Hardys surprise entrance 7.6 mil

So there clearly is at least short term money to be made with the nostalgia pop.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

What does he mean by "living in the bathroom"? Someone who understands these things pls. explain.

Goldberg's been mentioning repeatedly that he weighed only 235 when they called him to initially come in, so he was constantly eating to put weight back on again to "be Goldberg".

Every week, I'm disappointed because the Hulu version of Raw cuts out the cruiserweights and I have to hit up Youtube to see what happened between the purple ropes.  Neville's match with Ali was really good, but I wouldn't expect less from those two.  Neville gets pissed as the crowd failed to give him their undivided attention, Ali gets a few moments of hope, Neville teases the crowd with a Red Arrow and then gives them a dismissive look as he locks on the Rings of Saturn instead.

I admit, I laughed when Dawson dumped over the ice cream cart and Wilder stomped on it for good measure.

Watching Goldberg on The Talking Raw... I think my allergies are acting up.  Great stuff.

10 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

- I really wanted Roman to control the boos by lifting the mic to his mouth and then put it down and then like alternate going fast and slow.

I thought so too, until I realised it would look like a weird blowjob.

• Like 3