DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Roman is Worse Than Polio - 4/3/17

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

This is what you meant right?  :)

I figure Nak is bound for SDL anyway, but yes, keep Finn in the equation and that would be splendid. I'm not quite as high on Braun as some of you, (I think they've already done irreparable damage to his aura, and his jolly face doesn't help much, he still looks to me like the friendly neighbor who's going to invite you over to sample his bar-b-q, not the monster that will crush you and eat your family.), but he is a welcome addition to a wrestling show.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

AJ's gonna end up on Raw and at some point we'll either get AJ vs. Finn or AJ, Finn, Gallows, and Anderson all united.

Either option would be sweet if presented on Tuesday rather than Monday.

5 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I figure Nak is bound for SDL anyway, but yes, keep Finn in the equation and that would be splendid. I'm not quite as high on Braun as some of you, (I think they've already done irreparable damage to his aura, and his jolly face doesn't help much, he still looks to me like the friendly neighbor who's going to invite you over to sample his bar-b-q, not the monster that will crush you and eat your family.), but he is a welcome addition to a wrestling show.

I bet Braun makes some mean BBQ. Certified Smokified.

• Like 6

I haven't heard a PUSSY chant in so long, but I'm sure as hell not going to call Braun a pussy for not wanting to fight Brock right than and there. Braun is a thinking man's monster. Brock vs. Braun is going to be so damn awesome if it happens. It probably won't, so you know screw the the WWE...but still.

Oh Emma. Now that's a return worth waiting for.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't know how you make Smackdown interesting with Randy Orton holding the title. 

Simple. At 8:15PM ET he loses it back to AJ. 

Back to what I was getting at earlier.  I think AJ staying on SDL and being the ace would be perfect execution for him. I'd like to see Braun brought up and built back up as the big bad on SDL. An AJ vs. Braun match at SummerSlam would be well worth my ten bucks. 

I would also like to see Revival brought in to feud with Alpha and the Usos.     Nakamura would be the icing.  

But unfortunately I think we might see that AJ and Roman swap that's been rumored.   Roman moving over to SDL separates him from Brock so I'm almost positive this happens. Roman probably wins the Rumble and then challenges the Universal Champion who is still Brock. 

The only positive is that MAYBE we get a Brock vs. AJ Styles match.  That's something I've been wanting to see for years.

9 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Can't he be both?

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Can't he be both?

Not really. My only problem with Braun is that he looks like a nice guy*. Matter of fact, he reminds me of a buddy from Seattle who was a huge monster of a man, but a total laid-back stoner (and looked it), he has an endless cycle of getting hired and fired from various bodyguard/security positions, as once people got to know him the mystique was dead. 

*and by all accounts, he really is.

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't know how you make Smackdown interesting with Randy Orton holding the title. 

That deal they did with Brock where he didn't have to be on TV every week...start with that.

I really felt like that was a bottom tier post-WM episode of Raw.  It was more like the pre-Attitude post-WM Raws where they wouldn't really start any new angles because they were going on overseas tours right away.

I REALLY wanted the main event to reenact the Sting/Flair-Anderson/Pillman match from back in WCW when Flair spent weeks begging Sting to be his partner, Sting finally agreeing, Flair getting beat up and being absent for the first part of the match and Sting getting dominated by Anderson and Pillman, Flair coming out and being on the apron FOREVER with the crowd getting hotter and hotter for that hot tag, Flair tagging in, strutting, and then nailing Sting in the face as the new Horsemen began a 3 on 1 beatdown of Sting.  It would have been glorious, have Seth crawling to the corner after a lengthy beatdown only to finally tag Balor who comes in and beats up Rollins, then have Triple H come out and applaud them on the ramp.

Also, I REALLY want Brock Lesnar to retire/take a lengthy sabbatical.  I'm so uninterested in him and Heyman.

Lastly, post-WM crowds are the WORST.  "We hate Roman! Here's the guy who is pushing him down our throats, let's cheer him!"  "Hey it's that tag team we popped huge for last year and chanted for, let's boo them this time because...reasons"

So, which team(s) go to Smackdown next week?  It feels like one or all of New Day, Sheamus/Cesaro, and Gallows/Anderson all have to be moved in order to make room for Hardyz, Revival, Enzo/Cass (Doubt they go because Vince needs somebody to peddle fast food on Raw when Carl's Jr. decides to sponsor Raw).  Personally, I'd have the Usos come to Raw and become Roman's Empire because they are doing amazing work as heels on SD.

Is there any reason to believe that they'll split up tag teams? I hope not. I feel like they've actually been able to build up a decent tag division(s) over the past year.

1 hour ago, Sammo~! said:

I will admit that seeing the Hardys come out to their old theme made me feel like I was 16 again, but if this is just a nostalgia run they're going to end up in Dudley Boyz territory pretty quickly. Losing to the Shining Stars on pre shows.

Yes, every bit of this. It seems as though the WWE is just willfully ignoring what made the Hardy's the hottest they have been since the late 90s, while also ignoring just how played out this very same act was the last time they were around. If it's just a nostagia run, sure, let it peter out and quietly release them in a year. Or maybe try to strike while the iron is still hot and make some money.

Seth is like the new Macho Man, guys. Instead of fucking himself over due to legitimate craziness, he's just got to Get His Shit In at the cost of his physical well being.

But, yeah, I've missed comedic Angle so, so much.

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Best use of Nia would be to pair her with Tamina as henchmen to evil Charlotte. Bring Asuka up to fill the fourth spot and you really have a Four Horsewomen to be reckoned with.

A Tamina / Nia Jax tag team actually scares the living shit out of me.

Adding Asuka to the mix would be a good start, but how long before you tease the break-up because you know that Asuka isn't going to like being the gateway to the Ladies' title for too long.

You could probably sell Nia being content to be hired muscle better than you could Asuka.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think food snobs tend to look down on BBQ as being *sniff* southern.

Fuck those people.

Sweet BBQ sauce is an abomination.

Carolina Dippin' Sauce or Memphis Dry Rub ONLY!

• Like 3