DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Roman is Worse Than Polio - 4/3/17

Dolfan in NYC

Mustafa Ali would have been so over as a WCW cruiserweight. I hope WWE doesn't just rotate him back into the pile of cruiserweights they do nothing with.

I'd be excited about Charlotte going to Smackdown because it might allow Naomi to actually have a good feud instead of title defenses against the very limited Alexa, Nattie and Carmella.

Angle sweats more than Shane.

Silly question: was it just me or have the advertisers taken a big uptick? I saw ads for Toyota Prius and Miller Beer back to back at one point- I can't remember them advertising on WWE at all in years and years, much less consecutively.

• Like 1

This was the first RAW in ages that I actually paid attention to and cared about, probably moreso for the crowd reactions and the unpredictability of it all.  The opening segment was real good, and the less Roman talks the better.  They're aren't going to turn him if his merch is selling hard but they can always walk that heel line a little sometimes and get away with it not affecting his sales.  Angle has potential to be good as GM until of course Steph comes back and emasculates him.  Vince almost seemed like he was reading from a script, which I find hard to believe he was.  He seemed like he was just going through the motions, and to me, wasn't very entertaining like he can be.  Finn returning was nice but like others have said, why is he happy to team with Seth? 

Angle chose Finn to be Seth's partner. Seth didn't choose him. We don't know if he was excited about being Seth's partner. But he was excited to come back. Why mess around with a new GM and all that to get just licks against a guy who has changed his tune in recent months right away? If Finn still wants to get revenge, he'll have plenty of opportunities. But he got a chance to get after KO and Joe, and there's no loved lost with those guys from NXT. Get a main event payday, make a good return and figure it out from there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

FYI - Meltzer said that Lesnar isn't on Payback and that Braun/Brock is for a later PPV

Supposedly the Main Event of Payback is Roman/Braun

Cue music:

"Two...minutes...to Ryyyyyyyyyyback.

The hand that mimiiiics luuuuuuuube!

Two...Minutes....to Ruuuuuuusev

Soon Braun will be dancing like a goooooooooob."

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

There was also that pic of them rehabbing together. Issue solved. They bonded over how much injuries suck. Sometimes I think we overthink this stuff. 

Better than bonding over building LEGO.

I love seeing the Revival on the main roster but given how awful the Smackdown tag division is that is where they should have gone.  Or at least have Hardy's go there.  It is a RAW team overload right now.  Actually to be fair the teams in the SD tag division aren't awful it is there use.  Something needed to be done to make it more relevant so maybe they can actually defend the title on a non Smackdown only show.  

Even though it would have been completely illogical I was hoping for Dana Brooke to turn on Bayley to join Evil Emma and after saving her Sasha Banks turns on Bayley to set up the feud for the next show.  Dana really doesn't make a good babyface especially she is so awful in the ring

15 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Goldberg just got a run. I wouldn't be shocked if they brought back another star of late 90's WCW - 

0004002083_10.jpg

Already 1 time Universal Cable Champion and 1 time SDL Women's Champ.

• Like 1

Even though 5 of the 6 women in the RAW match are decent-to-good workers and have some personality (I am coming around on Nia Jax after her Mania performance - but Dana Brooke I don't like), Charlotte is the only one of them that's really over. Which is probably why they keep having her be the last one to enter, belt or not. 

41 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I love seeing the Revival on the main roster but given how awful the Smackdown tag division is that is where they should have gone.  Or at least have Hardy's go there.  It is a RAW team overload right now.  Actually to be fair the teams in the SD tag division aren't awful it is there use.  Something needed to be done to make it more relevant so maybe they can actually defend the title on a non Smackdown only show.  

Brand shake-up.

Next week.

tenor.gif 

I wonder if they can get Bruce Dern to sit down and have a chat with Roman. Seriously, the guy that got years of heat for "killing John Wayne" in The Cowboys could probably give good advice on  how to handle what Reigns has ahead of him.

• Like 1

Ali's a tremendous talent, but I'd hold off on him in favour of a couple other guys. They've done a great job keeping Neville and Tozawa apart till now, but that's absolutely a feud that cries out to be done soon. And if Ciampa really hurts, Johnny Wrestling needs to find his way into the mix on 205 Live. 

58 minutes ago, zev said:

I wonder if they can get Bruce Dern to sit down and have a chat with Roman. Seriously, the guy that got years of heat for "killing John Wayne" in The Cowboys could probably give good advice on  how to handle what Reigns has ahead of him.

I'm sure JR is way ahead of you on this one.

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

The single best part of Raw was Corey Graves being complete over the moon when the Revival comes out, and proclaiming "Shut Up Saxton!" before he even said a word.

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Graves was also great when Emma was on the table and he was like "I TAKE BACK EVERY MEAN THING I EVER SAID ABOUT YOU!"

I've loved Graves since his first time commentating. He's like the Kurt Angle of announcers. Has anyone else picked up on announcing as fast and as good as Graves?

• Like 2