DVDVR Message Board

Into the Badlands

OSJ

Two minutes in and we have seven fatalities, fancy work with katanas, a decapitation, Muay Thai knee attacks, and every kind of kung-fu known to man. Damn, I love this show.

• Like 2

Yeah, this kinda sorta goes here now since it has its own regular digital comic series.

I was into this show at first, but then the second half of Season One broke from the Chang Cheh rule of don't have so much story to tell that there is too much time in between fights.

I've since readjusted fire after binge watching the last three S1 eps and am easing into Season 2.

The writers seem determined to break my heart by denying me my innocent and touching Tilda / MK star-crossed romance dealie by turning Tilda into an emotionless psychopath.  I LOVE IT~!!

She was in the right to have those assholes executed in S2 E1 Tiger Pushes Mountain, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Why is Into the Badlands here?  Is it based on a comic?  Or because it has sort of comic elements?

AMC commissioned a digital comic series that is a companion piece to the show and it is presented in the same visual style as the opening and closing credits.

• 1 year later...

Weird, wacky, swordplay and every type of kung-fu known to man and a ridiculous body count per episode. What's not to love?

Watched the S3 premiere last night.  Had no idea what was going on, or who people were, but....  am not pretending that actually matters.  Was pretty much sold on the show by the time the opening credits rolled.  That first fight sequence had elaborate stunts, a colorfully dressed black dude with a mechanical hand, and a hot redhead who KICKED SWORDS OUT OF THE AIR?  OK, TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

Related image

Plus, the show looked great.  Colorful, vibrant, interesting costumes.  And it's by the Smallville guys (Millar/Gough).

Although the show did make me wonder - for like the 100th time - why shows like Agents of Shield look so cheap and dingy.

Anyway, ordering S1 and 2 DVD sets later today.

• 1 month later...

Five minutes in and we have the greatest scene of Fish-market fu ever filmed. Remember kids, anything with tentacles can be converted into nunchakus if you're name is Baije. Oh, and you can slap the shit out of people with a raw eel, but do not use a jellied one, they deliver a very poor ROI (and make a hell of a mess)...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

AMC is cancelling Into The Badlands after four seasons. :(

Maybe it would've found an audience if AMC hadn't aired it in the ass end of Sunday night after a double airing of the latest Walking Dead episode?

• Sad 2