DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

On 4/8/2017 at 1:52 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Rowdy Tellez in his first two AAA ABs of the season just crushed two bombs.

Somewhere, Justin Smoak peed in his pants a little. 

That dude is from out this way, I saw him in a game or two in HS. He's got a fucking terrifying bat, and was pretty impressive playing first. Smoak isn't a free agent until after the 2019 season, but Tellez will probably be Big League ready in 2018. It will be interesting to see what they do.

On 4/9/2017 at 3:55 PM, grilledcheese said:

That dude is from out this way, I saw him in a game or two in HS. He's got a fucking terrifying bat, and was pretty impressive playing first. Smoak isn't a free agent until after the 2019 season, but Tellez will probably be Big League ready in 2018. It will be interesting to see what they do.

I continue to be baffled that Smoak is still employed. Due has a career .700 OPS. that would be barely acceptable for an early 70s SS, let alone a modern 1B. He never even hit .240 in a season. Ray Oyler must be his hitting coach. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I continue to be baffled that Smoak is still employed. Due has a career .700 OPS. that would be barely acceptable for an early 70s SS, let alone a modern 1B. He never even hit .240 in a season. Ray Oyler must be his hitting coach. 

Our luck, they send his ass back to the Mariners for ten lbs. of Pacific salmon. 

Wait, the commish would veto that, the salmon is worth a lot more.

• Like 1

Blue Jays continue to be, uh, horrid and lose to my ramshackle Brewers fifth starter who isn't particularly great, but they made him look like an Ace.

Almost hope the Jays fall out early this year and try to deal for some guys with what they can move.  Hate the make up of the team.  Hate the way they play and for all the fans that wanted Bautista back so bad he's washed up.  If some of whats left of the Jays young minor league talent can step up and they add to the roster next year could be an interesting team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Would they get anything of value for Tulo at this point?

Probably not. I can't see him bringing back more than a couple of mid-level or fringe prospects. The really big hang up is his contract. He's set to make 20M through 2019, and 14M in 2020. He has an option in 2021 for 15M with a buyout of 4M. I don't see a Dodgers/Red Sox like scenario where LA bailed out Boston, taking on the contracts of Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, and Josh Beckett.

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/toronto-blue-jays/troy-tulowitzki-278/

6 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Only things really movable for Toronto that will get back some value are Donaldson and some of the pitchers but its tough to part with the younger pitchers.  The Tulo and Martin deals are going to choke them for the next while

After this year, they still have Martin for two more years at 20M per year. Ouch. Alex Anthopoulos knew what was coming and was smart to get the hell out of Toronto.