DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

The Pirates did even less this season to improve themselves than they did last season - when i didn't think they did enough to shore up the weaknesses (I was right),  I don't feel like they're a playoff team this year regardless.  I'll still be at most of the home games though,

The real question is what they do with McCutcheon if they're in the playoff hunt.  Do they still consider trading McCutcheon and risk making the playoffs without McCutcheon or Marte in the lineup?  God, I hope not.  McCutcheon's contract includes a club option for 2018 so they don't really have to trade him until next season.

I guess I should be outraged that Marte was on PED's, but mostly I'm just annoyed that he got caught.

21 hours ago, Ryan said:

I guess Eric Thames is the real deal, so far and the Cubs lost to the MIGHTY BREWERS. Long may they reign over all they oppose.

I'm counting down the days till he pisses dirty. . . .

Sorry to double up here, but this is fucking beautiful to me.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1302507383/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

I am so thrilled that I got to watch Ichiro play. I can't imagine ever knocking Tony Gwynn off my "all time favorite" pedestal, but Ichiro probably comes the closest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

But totally on the roids per bizarrely bitter Cubs

Aren't these the same assholes that were so indignant last year that people were daring to say that Arrieta might be juicing? What a bunch of shitheads.

Even if you think the guy is dirty, keep your mouth shut and let him get caught.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

But totally on the roids per bizarrely bitter Cubs

1) I guess they are fed up with being loved and want to turn into whining heels.

2) But sadly it would hardly shock me if what they said was true.

“You start thinking about Ken Griffey Jr., Manny Ramirez when he went to the Dodgers, Barry Bonds … You’re talking about some of the greatest players to ever play this game. So, yeah, it’s probably a ‘head-scratcher’ because nobody knows who this guy is. And when he was here before, his body has changed. But, like I said, I’ll leave that to everyone else and we’re just gonna try to worry about how to pitch him better and get him out.”

Bosio