DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 33 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

Ya know this is all saved if Roman beats Brock tomorrow and then all the faces challenge Reigns. Also I'm looking forward to Stephanie's promo talking about a RAW superstar put down the Deadman and Reigns noting that her husband failed in three attempts at the same task

• Like 1

Just now, Victator said:

Are you drunk? Miz sucks, he is a third rate Honky Tonk Man.

To his credit, he found a way to leech off of Daniel Bryan and saved Maryse from an Ogre's castle. Without either of those, he is the same old shitty Miz who was not over in 2011.

This shit show of a company wasted one of Cena's Wrestlemania matches on this guy. Miz managed to game a shitty system. That makes him cunning, but not a talented ring performer. If Maryse was not on TV with him, I would not give him a second look. Ferret face looking son of a bitch.

Hey, look everybody! Vicator still has shitty opinions!

• Like 21

There was some really good  matches in the first half of the show but Shane/AJ wasn't one of them. I couldn't get into a match where the story is Shane McMahon surprises us all by outwrestling the best wrestler on the roster. Plus they gave away the big table spot on TV two weeks ago.

• Like 1

I don't care for Miz, but I don't watch WWE programming, so my opinion isn't exactly valid. Here's some more, uh, Rob Gronkowski will now feud with Roman Reigns because it's clearly the thing to do.

• Like 1

"Tell me about the dream."

"I don't know doc it's a little embarrassing."

"There is no fear here. It is a safe zone"

"Okay here goes..."

C8c6u4_JUw_AATEBw.jpg

"Well, doc.?"

"HAHAHAHAHA! You are so messed up, boy. Can you tell me again but into my phone?"

• Like 6

20 hours ago, turk128 said:

Indy Superstars.

Edit: Note, I like the Young Bucks.

Edited by Ryan
Clarification? Still true.
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Victator said:

Are you drunk? Miz sucks, he is a third rate Honky Tonk Man.

To his credit, he found a way to leech off of Daniel Bryan and saved Maryse from an Ogre's castle. Without either of those, he is the same old shitty Miz who was not over in 2011.

This shit show of a company wasted one of Cena's Wrestlemania matches on this guy. Miz managed to game a shitty system. That makes him cunning, but not a talented ring performer. If Maryse was not on TV with him, I would not give him a second look. Ferret face looking son of a bitch.

Stone cold sober.  In 2010, Miz was one of the company's hottest acts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Why didn't he just retire after losing to Lesnar?  People actually believed in that stupid streak, but it ended.  People were genuinely shocked and surprised when it ended.  WrestleMania was his yard blah blah blah.  So if he's not the biggest dog in the yard, that's the perfect time to hang 'em up.  It was really sad to see him go on this long and much longer than he should've.

The Undertaker is an old school pro wrestler of course he stays well beyond when he should retire. I'd bet if Vince didn't have him locked up in a long contract he'd be taking Indy bookings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Victator said:

Compared to who you doofus.

Busting out the big guns there with doofus.

He carried the corpse of Dolph Ziggler to a damned great match, has cut some fucking great heated promos, and been one of the main reasons I (and a lot of others here) have loved Smackdown for the last 9 months. He's been great at his job.

• Like 2

I know it was like days ago but Neville vs. Aries was fucking amazing. Nothing on the show touched it beyond Bork/Goldberg but it's a lot easier to pull off a Kaiju Big Battel for 5 minutes than a 15 minute big title match.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

The Undertaker is an old school pro wrestler of course he stays well beyond when he should retire. I'd bet if Vince didn't have him locked up in a long contract he'd be taking Indy bookings

Texas Red, coming to NEW in July to take on Johnny Mundo! Flanked by his debuting partner, Texas Red, Jr.
Texas-Red-The-Undertaker.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Can't believe more people aren't loving Brock/Goldberg. I had absolutely zero interest in watching that match. I think it was the MOTN. That was like The Hulk vs. The Thing or some sort of comic book/video game fight. They put in so much work in however long that match was. Great story, with a motivated Brock coming out strong, but Goldberg gets him a bit once he gets cocky, but then Brock survives Goldberg's run before murdering him.

That was such a good match.

Brock/Goldberg was watching two people play Mortal Kombat and instead of using actual strategy, they just used the same buttons for their finishers until someone lost.

Glad you enjoyed it.  It was obvious from the start that Goldberg was going to take as few bumps as possible.  So thusly, he just took the same one over and over.  I didn't hate it, but man, that match was so anti-climatic. At the same time, that probably WAS the best match they were going to have.  And I still didn't really care for it.

• Like 4

I for one loved that for Roman Reigns's entrance he cocked and prepared his fist by sliding his gloved hand over it and then drove his readied fist hard right into the entrance near the opening to the back, sending powerful shivers of fire deep through the rampway down toward the belly of the stadium.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

"Tell me about the dream."

"I don't know doc it's a little embarrassing."

"There is no fear here. It is a safe zone"

"Okay here goes..."

C8c6u4_JUw_AATEBw.jpg

"Well, doc.?"

"HAHAHAHAHA! You are so messed up, boy. Can you tell me again but into my phone?"

More of HHH and Stephanie's bedroom roleplaying played out before our eyes. I liked Steph's Ronnie James Dio look from last year better. Maybe next year we get HHH cosplaying as Lemmy.