DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 33 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

I cannot hide my hatred for Ambrose, and it is a little personal from his days breaking in here in Cincinnati, but I do believe Corbin has worked hard and paid enough dues not to get the NFL guy getting a push heat, but I concur that his promos can be rough. I did think Ambrose brought some much needed fire in the streetfight and wish we could have gotten that at Mania. Maybe someone lit a fire under his ass, or he is getting a chip on his shoulder. Either way it makes for better work so I am all for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Dave Meltzer's WrestleMania 33 star ratings:

Wrestling%2BObserver%2BWrestleMania%2B33%2BRatings%2Band%2BOdds.jpg

Where I found it, you can bet on them apparently!

Jesus Christ is AJ good at what he does. 

• Like 1

Well, people criticize him for being purely a movez guy. He really enjoyed the two long matches based around limb work from WWE this past weekend more than the average fan. Doesn't make him 'right' but I can understand where he's coming from. 

They did a really good job of making Rollins work for them. They came at the very end so i guess one could argue that he saved his knee until the crucial moment. I didn't love the match but I didn't hate it either. As Charlie said, it was the wrong story to tell though. Perhaps if Hunter worked more frequently he wouldn't have to make every match of his a 25 minute NWA style main event. 

I honestly liked the match (HHH/Seth), but I did not like the story they were telling, if that makes sense. 

I thought the match should have been Rollins on the attack, with HHH countering whatever Seth threw his way. Eventually, he hits the Pedigree and it doesn't finish HHH.  Seth realizes, if I'm going to beat HHH and grow, I've got to bust out something that HHH has no counter for (God's Last Gift) and that beats him.  Seth grows out of HHH's shadow, the King is slain, and everyone moves forward.

Instead, we got 25 minutes of who can Pedigree who, which was aight.  But, not what I wanted out of it.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zev said:

I fully expect that Catsaro shirt to be available for sale by this time tomorrow.

I don't know who came up with putting this on a shirt (not sure if it's them or not) but I'm very tempted to get it from here.  https://shop.spreadshirt.com/wemarkout/catsaro-A100369085

• Like 1

Just now, Overly Critical Man said:

You expect a match involving HHH to tell the story that the Pedigree isn't the end all, be all move and that there's a move that's superior to it? lolololol

Is it a sledgehammer?

Even after HHH hits people with his dreaded "fist covering the sledgehammer", they usually kick out and then he has to kill them dead with a Pedigree.

I really didn't like the Phoenix splash kickout in that match btw. That move was protected ever since he hit it on Cena during the triple threat with Brock and then he busts it out and it's just another two count.

• Like 1

Let's see if I have this right:

On one hand you have the tried and tested booking formula of heel going after babyface's obvious injury, so for that match it's attack the leg and keep attacking the leg.

On the other hand, you have the mindset that you need to work towards the finisher, which means go for the head, and the arms that need to be hooked, for the Pedigree, which both wanted to end the match with.

Problem with HHH vs. Rollins is that they spent too long trying to do both.

(Side note: Am I remembering correctly that Rollins found the sledgehammer first, and just sort of slid it towards HHH, thus making himself look like a complete idiot?)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Even after HHH hits people with his dreaded "fist covering the sledgehammer", they usually kick out and then he has to kill them dead with a Pedigree.

I really didn't like the Phoenix splash kickout in that match btw. That move was protected ever since he hit it on Cena during the triple threat with Brock and then he busts it out and it's just another two count.

OBVIOUSLY he couldn't hit it with the same authority he would if he weren't injured. OBVIOUSLY.  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, zev said:

(Side note: Am I remembering correctly that Rollins found the sledgehammer first, and just sort of slid it towards HHH, thus making himself look like a complete idiot?)

That entire sequence made Rollins look bad. He couldn't hit HHH with a chair twice, despite being two feet away from him and then he finds a sledgehammer and just tosses it aside TOWARDS HHH.

• Like 5