DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 33 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, MarcosLoura said:

You guys are forgetting about the worst thing in that match, that Superplex followed by a Falcon Arrow. That makes by blood curl.

It could've been worse:

Spoiler

2poyw6u.gif

• Like 8

4 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

You guys are forgetting about the worst thing in that match, that Superplex followed by a Falcon Arrow. That makes by blood curl.

You know you've been on the board too much when you read this and your immediate next thought is "where's davey.gif?"

• Like 5

I wouldn't mind the superplex into a falcon arrow at all if it was a murder death kill finisher that he broke out only in the biggest matches and it got the pin.

It being kicked out of though... Grrrrrrr

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I wouldn't mind the superplex into a falcon arrow at all if it was a murder death kill finisher that he broke out only in the biggest matches and it got the pin.

It being kicked out of though... Grrrrrrr

Don't watch the indies. I LOVE Keith Lee but some of the shit these dudes were kicking out of was flat out ridiculous.  It's even worse given that Keith Lee has so much size and weight on these dudes.  At least with Seth Rollins he's probably outweighed by 40-50lbs in that Triple H match. 

• Like 1

Piggybacking off of the other discussing about an abundance of dangerous moves being used, I would really like to see Rollins switch up his style to something Keiji Mutoh did when his knees basically disintegrated. There's a few other good candidates for that as well. Daniel Bryan would be a good one too if he did want to return to wrestling. What's going to add more to Rollins' matches: The superplex into the Falcon Arrow or just working a smarter and more psychological style?

It's awesome an all that he's wrestling again, but Rollins did suffer back to back knee injuries and all I can think of is Derrick Rose. Protect that knee and get rid of all of the risky shit unless it's a big match.

17 hours ago, The Natural said:

Enjoy one of my favourite things in my time here:

Can't believe it's almost been a year since that awesome page.  I ended up retroactively liking the posts I couldn't get due to the limit.  Thank you for that, same goes for the others who added to it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Can't believe it's almost been a year since that awesome page.  I ended up retroactively liking the posts I couldn't get due to the limit.  Thank you for that, same goes for the others who added to it.

Thanks, man. Same for those who joined in and liked/left comments about them.

• Like 1

Think we're under selling just how much it takes out of you as a spectator to go to Wrestlemania in the context of crowds being dead for things.

After a dozen beers, a 1.5 mile walk to the stadium, lining up for half an hour to get in,  and then appreciate and pay attention to seven hours of wrestling before a 2 mile plus walk into town as there's no way you're getting an Uber was an exhausting experience. Having been to a number of sporting events around the globe, it's third behind the annual Boxing Day cricket test match in Melbourne (106 degrees, from 10am to 6pm in the sun that burns bad)  or the outdoor courts at the Australian Open (on court temperatures much higher and reflect off big time. lot less shaded areas but not quite the requirement to sit in one spot for so long). 

From that perspective, I think people in my area interchanged piss breaks during the Orton match, Pitbull performance and SmackDown divas match. No interest at all beyond when it was their turn to pee. 

Didn't get the same vibe from Rollins HHH. Invested, attentive, but way too exhausted to get overtly into a match that was deliberately methodical and a necessary change of pace to the rest of the show. That match goes on the next night or even the PPV after and I think you buy in a lot better.

• Like 1

When I went, after Taker/Punk, the crowd was just dead. There was just nothing there in us for Trips/Brock (not that they delivered anything to wake us back up)

And that show ended an hour earlier.

• Like 1