DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 33 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

The first half was a lot of fun.

Shane is a madman.

Charlotte is a monster.

The Hardy's were fantastically over and that match was fun.

Even Cena/Miz was a perfectly traditional Mania match in that it was a "big emotional moment" for an asshole babyface requiring a superior heel to stooge for him. Straght-up 80s throwback.

But everything from the moment HHH's amazing entrance was over was like Nyquil. It was death after death after death.

• Like 5

Taker's exit got me in the feels. The fact that Roman was able to carry him is pretty damn impressive. AJ vs Shane was MOTN. Shane is a workhorse. 

Overall, wrestling-wise I give the show 7.5/10. For spectacle etc.. 10/10. Entertaining show, for sure. 

• Like 6

Just now, Charlie M. said:

There was a ton of really good stuff on this show. A few clunkers but considering how long the show was, the good to bad ratio was strong.

Yeah, I'm pretty much with this.

I'm pretty surprised so many of y'all aren't high on Owens/Jericho. I thought the ring work was very good and the character work was excellent. Wrestling about friendship is my fav.

Just now, piranesi said:

Charlotte Flair knocks me out now. She is just a mean-spirited wall of muscle. She is the 2nd best heel in the company right now.

The smile on her face when Nia was eliminated...

We're friends again! High five? No? No? How about a hug?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

There was a ton of really good stuff on this show. A few clunkers but considering how long the show was, the good to bad ratio was strong.

It's just that Rollins/HHH was such a slog and then that fucking song went on forever and then Orton was so boring...that was like a solid hour of suck and there was no recovering. And everything after that was kind of shitty too. What a bad streak of wrestling as one half of a show.

• Like 4

Through 5 matches, I was amazing at how strong the show was. Shane/AJ was better then I expected. The IC Title Match didnt' feel like a grudge match at all, but was solid enough. Womens 4 way, especially when it was a 4 way, was really fun. Tag Title Match with the Hardys was a good time. And Miz/Cena with other bullshit was fun, and it was great seeing Miz be over.

Then everything else happend.

I fucking loathe Seth Rollins. I've never liked a wrestler less. His selling of the leg, then hitting a Phoenix Splash is my least favorite type of indy shit. Trips wasn't amazing in this match, but damn do I ever hate Seth Rollins.

Wyatt/Orton... Fuck You WWE. You could have pumped Harper into this and made me LOVE it. Instead this was a fucking shit show, were they were working around fucking special affects. 

Goldberg/Lesnar was exactly what it should have been. Goldbergs first Spear to Lesnar caught me so fucking off guard. 

Womens 6 Way was far from bad, just didn't really get a chance to develop.

The main event made me sad, and not in a "Takers retiring" way but in a "Taker is broken" way. 

Last half was just such a rough stretch, in combination with no matches I'd say would even touch "really good' limit how positively I can view this show. There is a legitimate claim that Aries/Neville was the best match of the night.

• Like 3

Wrestlemania matches are pretty much people going for finishers from the opening until someone doesn't get up.

Or it's Triple H working a bodypart when no one cares about the outcome.

• Like 5

Just now, piranesi said:

It's just that Rollins/HHH was such a slog and then that fucking song went on forever and then Orton was so boring...that was like a solid hour of suck and there was no recovering. And everything after that was kind of shitty too. What a bad streak of wrestling as one half of a show.

Yeah, the second half (minus Goldberg/Lesnar) had most of the boring stuff. But Lesnar/Goldberg was incredible and that saved the second half.

The Hardys stuff was easily the peak of the actual show. The main event was dreadful - but still a far better way for Taker to go out than the Shane match would've been. At least he lost to an actual full-time main event star.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2017/04/wwe-wrestlemania-33-ultimate-thrill-ride.htmlhttp://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2017/04/wwe-wrestlemania-33-ultimate-thrill-ride.html