DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

LuFisto was one of the few contacted during the last Tough Enough tryout: she got the letter that basically said "you are on the radar but we're not using you for this event." IIRC, only about 20-30 of the bazillion applicants got that. Her tweets can be questionable (especially her irrational hate for The Miz), but again...I think she's a one-and-done type, so it's not like she's gonna be a full-timer where suddenly every tweet is being scrutinized.

As for Ellering and Blanchard, Rachael does persistently tweet that both of them are indeed free agents...

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Kimber Lee is signed to NXT right?  So she's probably in.  What about Candace LeRae? I'd think she'd be in it.  Also, Scarlett Bordeaux. Maybe Nixon Newell, Kiera Hogan.

Lee is signed and already showed up on TV once. She is still going be Kimber Lee for the moment

I wonder though if it will be like the CWC where Rich Swann was the only person already under contract who was used in the tournament

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Lee is signed and already showed up on TV once. She is still going be Kimber Lee for the moment

I wonder though if it will be like the CWC where Rich Swann was the only person already under contract who was used in the tournament

I would be shocked if their recent signees like Evie, Hojo and Nixon Newell aren't in. Maybe not all, but at least some of them. Maybe even one or two trainees they really like?

I hope and expect them to keep their TV regulars out though.

55 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

I hope and expect them to keep their TV regulars out though.

I kind of expect this too, but I wonder what they kayfabe rationale for it would be. Even more so if they throw in a few of them but not others.

44 minutes ago, maciej said:

I kind of expect this too, but I wonder what they kayfabe rationale for it would be. Even more so if they throw in a few of them but not others.

They could easily have them waylay Regal in his office leading to him setting up a series of matches to get into said tourney.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I forget the timing of things, but weren't Ciampa and Gargano signed by that point?

Not only were Ciampa and Gargano signed, they were already major players on NXT. That's why they had the most hyped first round match.

If they want to pad the international stats, I could see them throwing Aliyah and either Billie or Peyton into the tourney.

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Not only were Ciampa and Gargano signed, they were already major players on NXT. That's why they had the most hyped first round match.

If they want to pad the international stats, I could see them throwing Aliyah and either Billie or Peyton into the tourney.

Maybe Aliyah, there will probably be several Aussies in it anyway.

13 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I could see Mauro and Lita doing the announcing.

Based on the pre-shows she was on, I'd say Lita should be kept far, far away from any announcing. I wish I could find the clip where she says something ridiculous regarding Almas and Cien meaning 100 in Spanish and Graves has a total "What the fuck?" look on his face.

• Like 1

I thought Renee on commentary in NXT was pretty bad. She'd distract from the match and say shit commentators shouldn't say. She's great at hosting panels and doing interviews though.

I haven't gone back and watched those early NXTs, but wasn't she more of a Byron Saxton type where her main role was to react and put the characters over? If she could actually do pbp, that'd open up a lot of possibilities.