WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

Here's my guesses for international talent that I posted on the Observer forum:

Shanna - Portugal
Alpha Female - Germany
Nixon Newell - Wales
Kay Lee Ray - Scotland
Evie - New Zealand
Kairi Hojo - Japan (hopefully also Io Shirai, and Hikaru Shida if we're being greedy)
Rhia O'Reilly - Northern Ireland
Jinny from England
Maybe Nicole Matthews from Canada. She's been at a recent tryout. If not her, then somebody else.
Could be several from Australia, like Kellyanne, Demi Bennett and Toni Storm
Someone from Mexico. I was going to guess Zeuxis, but looking her up she's actually from Puerto Rico.
Someone from China

They'll probably cheat with some, for instance Mia Yim could be announced from Korea, or Jinny from wherever her heritage is.

For the US, some seem obvious. Tessa Blanchard, Rachael Ellering and Deonna Purazzo for instance.

Purazzo signed with TNA (supposedly) and was on their last tapings. That being said if she isn't in anything concrete I would say she was in considering they were using her on SDL

I think Ellering is a lock

Also remember - they weren't afraid to play with guys' countries of origin in the CWC so if you have a grandfather from like Germany you could be from there in the WWE's mind... or play for US Men's National team

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Purazzo signed with TNA (supposedly) and was on their last tapings. That being said if she isn't in anything concrete I would say she was in considering they were using her on SDL

I think Ellering is a lock

Also remember - they weren't afraid to play with guys' countries of origin in the CWC so if you have a grandfather from like Germany you could be from there in the WWE's mind... or play for US Men's National team

Both Purazzo and Ellering were at the Impact tapings, but I don't think either has signed. Ellering has stated repeatedly on her twitter that  she's a free agent and Purazzo worked the Women of Honor show last night.

• Like 2

I wonder who will announce this. I think the CWC was helped by Bryan's obvious enthusiasm on color, since he's credible enough that any on the fence fans who don't follow indies or puro would buy in. Getting that right is a small thing that can make a big difference. (Lita, maybe?)

It is a huge deal but Lita would be a terrible call. She was constantly fucking up on pre shows which are way easier to pull off than commentary. 

Sara Del Rey would be my shout but i don't know how comfortable she'd be doing it. She has knowledge of pretty much everybody and is a genius. She's not a name though. 

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It is a huge deal but Lita would be a terrible call. She was constantly fucking up on pre shows which are way easier to pull off than commentary. 

Sara Del Rey would be my shout but i don't know how comfortable she'd be doing it. She has knowledge of pretty much everybody and is a genius. She's not a name though. 

Veda Scott did a very good job on the Beyond show, even with a busted jaw. Plus having her there spares us from having her in the tournament.

Can't believe I missed it, but if Deonna Purazzo is in she'd almost certainly be announced from Italy. Her outfit is a freaking Italian flag...

As far as Canadian women are concerned, I'm sure Nicole Matthews gets in. I would like to see LuFisto get a moment in the WWE (even to do the "Tyson Dux" spot where she makes some youngster look good in a first-round loss), because she's been toiling for a long time and she works hard...but her numerous injuries/concussions will keep her from ever getting a full-time gig with them.

Bambi Hall is also from Vancouver and has a lot of potential, but I think her younger sister, Liiza, has more American recognition in a shorter period of time. Both would be excellent additions to any tournament, though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

My outside-the-box choice for this thing: LuFisto. 

It is so outside the box that Marty brought it up in the post before yours...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, piranesi said:

riot_zpsftdhjem0.jpg

Or we RIOT!!!!

WOW came back. Riot's been active.

As for announcers, I've seen/heard Veda do the gimmick of announcing part of her own ongoing match, but that's been in tag team situations.

I'm thinking Portia Perez and/or Allison Danger.