DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

Delilah Doom's gotta be a lock for this, ditto for Veda Scott and Kimber Lee. From the current NXT on air roster, Ruby Riot. If they sign Io Shirai, there's 1 semi-finalist for sure. I can see Shayna Bayzler being brought in and hyped up.

Big question is who do they bring back for the "Brian Kendrick" role? Victoria and Jazz worked King of Trios last year with Mickie James, so they're still active.

Is Molly Holly a possibility?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Also, gut call, I bet they let Manami Toyota be a part of this as part of her retirement tour.

That works. Works in a you need to be on the booking committee for this tourney sort of way.

1 hour ago, zev said:

Delilah Doom's gotta be a lock for this, ditto for Veda Scott and Kimber Lee. From the current NXT on air roster, Ruby Riot. If they sign Io Shirai, there's 1 semi-finalist for sure. I can see Shayna Bayzler being brought in and hyped up.

Big question is who do they bring back for the "Brian Kendrick" role? Victoria and Jazz worked King of Trios last year with Mickie James, so they're still active.

Is Molly Holly a possibility?

Not likely Jazz since she's included in that lawsuit. I know Victoria would be into it. They could go outside of the box and use a Mercedes Martinez. 

1 minute ago, Jamal said:

Not likely Jazz since she's included in that lawsuit. I know Victoria would be into it. They could go outside of the box and use a Mercedes Martinez. 

I am a fan of Victoria so I'd be overjoyed to see her return for this.

Kairi has to be a lock for this since she signed.  If Io is part of this also then holy shit we're going to be in for a great time.  Either way I'm excited to see who they bring in and hopeful for a show a la #205Live.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I'd imagine that they've learned their lesson from the CWC where not being able to have the best wrestler win it all because they're not locked down to a contract.

But TJ Perkins did win it all. Confused.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I'd imagine that they've learned their lesson from the CWC where not being able to have the best wrestler win it all because they're not locked down to a contract.

Honestly it would probably be ok to have a Perkins type win here if they wanted since the winner won't actually being winning a title. Really Perkins was done in more by weak booking and having his first feud be against someone he had little chemistry with. The winner of this won't even be getting a title belt let alone become the immediate face of the division on any of the shows.

6 minutes ago, DeadEffect said:

I don't see her getting signed due to her age and injury history, but for this sort of event Madison Eagles has to be an entrant,

This is a good call.

Soo... has anyone fantasy booked Sara Del Ray coming out of retirement to participate in this tournament yet, or am I the first?

6 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

This is a good call.

Soo... has anyone fantasy booked Sara Del Ray coming out of retirement to participate in this tournament yet, or am I the first?

Del Ray vs Kimber Lee would be awesome.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

This is a good call.

She's been on camera shown and interviewed as a trainer. I think if she were wanting a match, they'd straight up have her face Asuka for the NXT title. Simple enough booking, Asuka keeps beating up the students, now it's time to battle the teacher.

• Like 2

I heard that Del Rey is still in Orlando and it may be Stock that is on the main roster doing agent duties. However, SDR may've just been down in Orlando to help during the tryouts but she was definitely there during that last huge tryout camp.

I wish Del Rey and Stock were in ring competitors so badly. Would adore Del Rey taking on Asuka in NXT before Asuka's probable summer callup.

• Like 1