DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Obviously I'd love to see Kairi vs. Asuka but they have time to do it so even if Kairi doesn't win the tournament she can still be built up for a title shot by next WM weekend if they want to

I'm not convinced Asuka will be in NXT that long. I want to see her face all the top newcomers in the MYC(and Io obviously), but I wouldn't be surprised if she got a post Brooklyn call up.

7 minutes ago, JCM said:

I'm not convinced Asuka will be in NXT that long. I want to see her face all the top newcomers in the MYC(and Io obviously), but I wouldn't be surprised if she got a post Brooklyn call up.

I don't think it would be that soon since no one has really been built up enough to take over as top woman in NXT. I expect her to be a post-WM call-up after losing the belt to someone either at the RR TakeOver or WM TakeOver. Assuming she ever gets called up.

Saw a rumor that Jessica James would be included so got excited briefly for the local rep, disappointed she nor Barbi Hayden made it after all (or Delilah Doom since WWE used her in the past) Also disappointed/surprised that Deonna Purazzo and Nicole Matthews aren't locked in, especially Deonna.

On the other hand, thrilled to see Serena Deeb out of retirement for this. Her post-WWE pre-injury 2010-2011 indy run was fantastic and she was one of the absolute best around. Was a shame her WWE run didn't last so glad to see her get a shot here even if it's a one-off type thing. Gonna hope to remain spoiler free but it sucks that this isn't airing for so long from now.

1 hour ago, Omega said:

any news on how good the matches were?

Really good. I won't spoil anything except to say this show was better than night 1 of CWC. Just an incredible atmosphere. And hojo was very very over with the crowd.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Really good. I won't spoil anything except to say this show was better than night 1 of CWC. Just an incredible atmosphere. And hojo was very very over with the crowd.

I'm not sure I actually had any excitement level for this coming in (except for as a novelty, like the British one was since I was unfamiliar with so many of the wrestlers), but that is not a statement Tim would make lightly, so now I'm much more interested. 

• RIPPA locked this topic