DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

She goes by Rachael Evers - at least that is the name she has used when on NXT TV in the past

Deonna is also in the alternate category

I notice Lei Tapia isn't in it - I wonder if she did get legit hurt last night or if she was never intended to be in it

Spoiler

They also did an injury angle with Billie Kay when she took the top rope stunner, so my first thought was that it's a storyline thing to make it look like Ember has some chance of putting away Asuka

Yeah not having a clue about the brackets, I would think Karii Sane and Shayna Baszler are locks for the final 4.    Assuming they are signed.    I would say the other 2 are Mia Yim (okay more of a hope actually) and Bianca Belair

I'm hoping Viper, KLR, & Toni all go far. It is nice to see Martinez in. Never cared much for Deeb. Figured Shayna was a lock. Looking over the participants there really is no one I want to win aside from Kairi. Still don't see her taking it. Not a big fan of either, but Deona & Nicole Mathews deserve to be in this instead of alternates. Really wish they didn't use this as an attempt to introduce nearly every damn female PC talent. Just an observation, but around a 1/4 of the participants have wrestled in Stardom.

32 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm assuming this is a Spoiler Free threat but I'll let the big man decide that before I comment on the show so far.

I'm gonna create a couple of new threads in the morning once the full results are out.

Some what like I did with the CWC

There will be one thread that is spoiler free

6 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Also, if someone wins this that isn't Hojo, the crowd will not be happy. I think Kimber Lee has a good shot to win it while also heel turning now if I had my prediction.

I assume either the Joshi fans or the Shimmer fans will end up if someone from their group doesn't win. Unless there is someone who fills both categories. 

7 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Also, if someone wins this that isn't Hojo, the crowd will not be happy. I think Kimber Lee has a good shot to win it while also heel turning now if I had my prediction.

Sure about that? She was pretty mid-level cheers wise. I think most don't know her.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I assume either the Joshi fans or the Shimmer fans will end up if someone from their group doesn't win. Unless there is someone who fills both categories. 

Hmm... I don't think so? Hojo has never worked Shimmer due to Shimmers allegiances. Joshi crowd is probably Hojo or bust, if I had to guess.

I think you're overestimating how much Joshi fans are concerned if Kairi wins. She's a contracted WWE wrestler, she's not on loan so while I want her to do well that's pretty much the extent of it. If they want a heel to win to challenge Asuka, it likely means Kimber or one of the PC wrestlers I am not as familar with.

Asuka should be a heel at this point, and is at least a tweener. I don't see why a heel would have to win the MYC to face her. Kairi is having the last match at the taping in the first round so it looks like they're treating her as a star. From what I've seen Kairi is best as a Bayley/Zayn style underdog face. She can lose in the MYC and be completely fine.

I don't think a heel has to win, I just wouldn't be surprised if they went that route. Obviously I'd love to see Kairi vs. Asuka but they have time to do it so even if Kairi doesn't win the tournament she can still be built up for a title shot by next WM weekend if they want to. If I had to bet money (which I don't want to) I'd bet on Kairi vs. Asuka at WM TakeOver if Io isn't able to make it over.

Any idea on if Shayna signed long term? I'd probably have to start watching NXT again if both Kairi and Shayna start appearing on it.