DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

KLR being in is terrific news. I saw a tweet last week of her, Nixon, Kai and Riot spending July 4th together, so wondered if she was a possibility.

Be interesting to see what Ayesha Ray is like now, saw her face Nixon last year, and she seemed pretty green, but she had a good imposing look that should take her far if her wrestling has caught up.

Figured KLR would be involved. So happy to see that. Will be interesting to see if her, Viper, & Toni face off at all during this since all three are in Stardom's 5*GP next month. I hope at least one of them makes the semis, if not the finals themselves. Actually hopefully we get KLY vs. Kairi since it never happened in Stardom.

1 hour ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Be interesting to see what Ayesha Ray is like now, saw her face Nixon last year, and she seemed pretty green, but she had a good imposing look that should take her far if her wrestling has caught up.

She has been around for 6-7 years. I doubt its caught up.

12 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I love that Mercedes might be in, great veteran to include. Always liked Marti Belle and Shayna would be a unique addition to it as well. Also cool for Barbi Hayden to get a shot.

I like Barbi too. Her style's not flashy but she's decent. And really cool for Mercedes! 

I'm super excited for this. Really interesting mix of wrestlers. 

• Like 1

I hope they all get issued Tap Out-branded old-timey one pieces like was worn in Mae Young's day.  It'll look legit like UFC.  Or like Triple H is running a customs company.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also - on JR's podcast they announced that Madusa will be doing commentary with Lita and JR (so that is her "unknown" role now)

Surely, the solution to this certain commentary train wreck is adding another runaway train to the tracks.

• Like 1

Okay - so it appears that some of the women who are working the MYC are working the TV tapings too.

I wasn't going to say anything due to NXT spoilers - however (and especially since she was already announced as working)

Lei'd Tapa worked a match and may have gotten legit injured

And this point I honestly can't remember who was has officially been announced yet and who hasn't but per Rip Rogers twitter

We knew Alpha had been announced but I am taking that as confirmation that Deonna and Matthews are in (especially as they have been rumored as such)

And PWI says this is the full field

Spoiler

*Candice La Rae

*Mia Yim aka Jade from Impact Wrestling

*Tessa Blanchard

*Rachel Ellering

*Lei'd Tapa

*Deonna Purrazzo

*Santana Garrett

*Renee Michelle

*Marti Belle, formerly of Impact Wrestling

*Mercedez Martinez

*Kay Lee Rae

*Ayesha Raymond

*Rhea Ripley

*Sage Beckett (formerly Andrea/Mary Kate)

*Kairi Sane (formerly Kaiji Hojo in STARDOM)

*Dakota Kai  (formerly Evie)

*Bianca Belair (formerly Bianca Blair)

*Vanessa Borne (current NXT talent Danielle Kamela)

*The former Kimber Lee, Abbey Laith

*Multi-time STARDOM champion Jazzy Gabert

*Taynara Conti

*Kavita Devi, a Great Khali trainee from Indian

*Lacey Evans

*Sarah Logan aka the former Crazy Mary Dobson

*Toni Storm

*lucha libre star Princesa Sugehit

*Reina Gonzales, formerly Victoria Gonzales, the daughter of Rudy Boy Gonzales.

*Zaeda, formerly Julia Ho 

*Zhao Xia 

*Barbi Hayden

*Shayna Baszler

*Nicole Savoy

I don't mean to turn this thread into a Blue Pants debate. However, after seeing the qualifying match on NXT last night, which was both shitty AND generated zero crowd reaction, I don't know that having a bad wrestler who's at least over participate is that much of a negative. 

• Like 1

Full list of participants - the Parade of Champions just ended. Someone better than me can update this with their previous independent ring names.

• Dakota Kai (Evie)
  • Serena Deeb
  • Vanessa Borne
  • Xia Li
  • Rachel Evers (Rachael Ellering)
  • Sage Beckett (Rosie Lottalove)
  • Kay Lee Ray
  • Tessa Blanchard
  • Toni Storm
  • Marti Belle
  • Lacey Evans
  • Santana Garrett
  • Nicole Savoy
  • Ayesha Raymond
  • Reina Gonzalez
  • Shayna Baszler
  • Piper Niven
  • Zeda
  • Rhea Ripley
  • Kavita Devi
  • Sarah Logan (Mary Dobson)
  • Bianca BelAir
  • Abbey Laith (Kimber Lee)
  • Candice LeRae
  • Mia Yim
  • Miranda Salinas
  • Renee Michelle
  • Princesa Sugehit
  • Mercedes Martinez
  • Jazzy Gabert (Alpha Female)
  • Taynara Conti
  • Kairi Sane (Kairi Hojo)

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

Full list of participants - the Parade of Champions just ended.

• Dakota Kai
  • Serena Deeb
  • Vanessa Borne
  • Xia Li
  • Rachel Evers
  • Sage Beckett
  • Kay Lee Ray
  • Tessa Blanchard
  • Toni Storm
  • Marti Belle
  • Lacey Evans
  • Santana Garrett
  • Nicole Savoy
  • Ayesha Raymond
  • Reina Gonzalez
  • Shayna Baszler
  • Piper Niven
  • Zeda
  • Rhea Ripley
  • Kavita Devi
  • Sarah Logan
  • Bianca BelAir
  • Abbey Laith
  • Candice LeRae
  • Mia Yim
  • Miranda Salinas
  • Renee Michelle
  • Princesa Sugehit
  • Mercedes Martinez
  • Jazzy Gabert
  • Taynara Conti
  • Kairi Sane

I make that about ten I'm excited to see, another 6 or so I'd classify as solid and a whole lot of question marks.

Looks like Nicole Matthews is an alternate, too bad for her, although with 30 matches to be taped in 2 days injuries are pretty much a certainty.

Wonder if Rachael Ellering wrestling under her NXT name makes it more or less likely that she's signed?

Soft spot seeing Serena Deeb and Mercedes Martinez in this.  Serena was great in the indies, had some really good stuff in OVW, and then got caught in the hell of 2006 until she got into the Straight Edge Society.   She would have been in the class of the 4 Horsewomen if she can in the NXT era.   Martinez really should have gotten a chance as well.   

Loved the sign putting over Dave Prazak.  Don't know if there would any of this without Shimmer

She goes by Rachael Evers - at least that is the name she has used when on NXT TV in the past

Deonna is also in the alternate category

I notice Lei Tapia isn't in it - I wonder if she did get legit hurt last night or if she was never intended to be in it