DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

Just to clarify - I mean American OR NXT person. Not both.

The American is more likely unless they decided they are going to do some sort of Sonya Deville mega push

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So BEW limits her too? What are the great Nixon Newell matches you would suggest?

Honestly she tends to look better when wrestling the guys. Here's an extended highlight video of her against Chris Brookes. It was the culmination of a years long feud, so it gets a little wild:

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just to clarify - I mean American OR NXT person. Not both.

The American is more likely unless they decided they are going to do some sort of Sonya Deville mega push

Don't let these weirdos change your mind, you're right. With them having so many of the wrestlers in the tournament being wrestlers already in NXT/The PC, their primary focus will be to push some if not all of them so they at least reach the Final Four. I don't think we will see a situation like the CWC where two of the final four wrestlers didn't stay in the WWE, comparing the two apples to applies is probably a mistake as they likely learned some lessons from how that one went, it was a new concept. Which wrestlers are better isn't relevant. I think Toni and Kairi should be two of the last four (with Kairi counting as a NXT wrestler since she is signed), but after that its a lot more of a toss-up which is hard to predict until they announce everyone.

Don't see this signed/have been on NXT TV split you guys apparently do, and judging from the CWC neither does WWE. 

Which Americans is it you see winning this? Mia Yim is a candidate, but again, she will probably be announced as Korean. Nicole Savoy would be a candidate, but she's only returning from a serious injury a week before. You've got a few really talented girls who I would probably say aren't quite ready for that kind of push, like Rachael Ellering, Tessa Blanchard, Deonna Purazzo, Britt Baker... Pleeease don't say Candice LeRae.

26 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Don't see this signed/have been on NXT TV split you guys apparently do, and judging from the CWC neither does WWE. 

Which Americans is it you see winning this? Mia Yim is a candidate, but again, she will probably be announced as Korean. Nicole Savoy would be a candidate, but she's only returning from a serious injury a week before. You've got a few really talented girls who I would probably say aren't quite ready for that kind of push, like Rachael Ellering, Tessa Blanchard, Deonna Purazzo, Britt Baker... Pleeease don't say Candice LeRae.

You'll have to specify who said an American is winning it, unless its just a rhetorical question to the world since I didn't say that.

And I don't agree that comparing this to the CWC is the way to go, as I mentioned. There were 'rumors' at the time they didn't have TJP winning it until they realized they couldn't sign Ibushi like they wanted to, I don't think this time they will heavily push someone that they won't be able to profit off of later. Will they? Who knows, but I think its far more likely they will push wrestlers under contract than wrestlers not under contract after Ibushi didn't stick around, its just common sense.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

You'll have to specify who said an American is winning it, unless its just a rhetorical question to the world since I didn't say that.

And I don't agree that comparing this to the CWC is the way to go, as I mentioned. There were 'rumors' at the time they didn't have TJP winning it until they realized they couldn't sign Ibushi like they wanted to, I don't think this time they will heavily push someone that they won't be able to profit off of later. Will they? Who knows, but I think its far more likely they will push wrestlers under contract than wrestlers not under contract after Ibushi didn't stick around, its just common sense.

You're arguing a completely different thing. What Rippa said is that they would have someone who has been on NXT TV win over someone who has signed, but not been on TV. I was saying I don't see that distinction as being a factor at all.

The American thing was Rippa as well I think.

I am the one saying an American is in the Final Four

Beyond that - who knows?

Sarah Bridges (aka Mary Dobson) is most likely the one to get the run of the new signees

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Sugehit and Sarah Stock have known each other for years and is how she probably got noticed.

Heck - Sugehit was the one who took Dark Angel's mask

She also was sarah's opponent in her farewell match in CMLL. 

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

If WWE brings in Zeuxis she will job on a regular basis and Mark will scream angry words at the sky.

More likely, shake my head and sigh, like when i read about sombra and dorada. :)

Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting that the WWE reached out to Serena Deeb to be the Brian Kendrick of this tournament

Supposedly the deal isn't done though

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting that the WWE reached out to Serena Deeb to be the Brian Kendrick of this tournament

Supposedly the deal isn't done though

SOMEONE ALERT @DEAN QUICKLY!!!!!

• Like 1

Shayna Baszler appears to be confirmed for the tournament as Becky Lynch gave an interview saying how excited she was to see Baszler in the tournament