DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

I didn't pay close attention to the CWC, did they wait this long for that tournament to announce a participants? I assume they'd need everyone there the entire week for training/practicing so its less than four weeks away, I was trying to wait until they announced the participants to decide if I am going but they are cutting it pretty close.

The first announced guys 3 months out but the full list of participants was released 

They ran qualifiers 2 months out and then announced the full field basically a month out.

So in terms of full field they are right on the same timeline (They announced - funnily enough - on June 13 and the CWC started airing on July 13)

Knowing them they are going to wait till after Money in the Bank this weekend and then announce

On 6/8/2017 at 10:36 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

That's a lot of damn matches to tape in two days, I'm not sure how they are going to pull that off. Both events start at 6:30 PM, how long do they plan on having us trapped there to film 30 matches.

You oblivious never went to pre-PPV ECW Arena shows. 

No real updates in this week's WON

Dave basically just posted the PWI list of names

The only thing of note is Dave said they do plan on using people not under contract so I was way wrong there.

He did specifically mention Toni Storm and Tessa Blanchard as names they are considering

Which is what I was saying earlier in the thread. This will go to one of the recent signees. Really the only reason I eliminate Kairi from taking it all is because she will likely take a while to adapt.

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Why is spot blowing, stiff working, thunder hips having Princesa Sugehit in this deal while my beloved La Amapola is competing in do nothing matches in ROH?

3 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

So Toni goes into the likely Final Four with Evie, Hojo and Nixon Newell assuming she is signed at least to a WWEUK deal.

There is zero chance the Final Four doesn't have an American/NXT affiliated person in it let alone two Kiwis

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am trying to decide which you would be more upset about

Zeuxis being it the tournament or Zeuxis not being in the tournament

The former. I would be very happy for her not to be anywhere near the wwf. 

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well I said the later because I was thinking it would more turn into one of those Dorada things where she is signed but never ever used

Since i dont watch wwe programming, her being on tv every week or never being used would be the same difference  for me. 

25 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Well, Sugehit being announced for this and not Zeuxis is certainly surprising. 

Zeuxis is Puerto Rican so Sugehit being in shouldn't affect her chances.

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is zero chance the Final Four doesn't have an American/NXT affiliated person in it let alone two Kiwis

Toni is always announced as Australian, and at least three are NXT wrestlers. Unless Io is put in, or there is some big surprise, they are also the best four.

Will be neat to see Toni. Honestly, I can see her going to finals or even winning if they actually have her signed to even a contract similar to the UK guys.

Totally did not expect Sugehit to be involved. I would have rather seen Marcela or Amapola.

4 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Toni is always announced as Australian, and at least three are NXT wrestlers. Unless Io is put in, or there is some big surprise, they are also the best four.

Too early to say that seeing as we don't know who else is involved. Whats more there is pretty clear divide between Storm/Kairi & Evie/Newell. Of course I'm just going off of what I saw in Stardom and a couple of BEW matches, but I really wasn't super impressed with Newell or Evie when they were n Stardom. Both were decent but nothing special.

When I say "NXT" wrestlers I am saying one one of the folks who have already been on TV (even if it had been a match or two). (Like how Lacey Evans has been on TV a couple of times - I mean it won't be her but someone like that.)

And that still doesn't address the non-American part.

I am not arguing quality - that is different. I am just saying that there is no way they aren't going to play to their normal jingoistic tendencies

I mean TJ Perkins was nowhere near one of the best 4 in the CWC and he won the damn thing

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Whats more there is pretty clear divide between Storm/Kairi & Evie/Newell. Of course I'm just going off of what I saw in Stardom and a couple of BEW matches, but I really wasn't super impressed with Newell or Evie when they were n Stardom. Both were decent but nothing special.

It's not just WWE who limits their wrestlers. With Nixon in particular it was obvious she was allowed to do basically nothing.

2 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

It's not just WWE who limits their wrestlers. With Nixon in particular it was obvious she was allowed to do basically nothing.

So BEW limits her too? What are the great Nixon Newell matches you would suggest?

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

When I say "NXT" wrestlers I am saying one one of the folks who have already been on TV (even if it had been a match or two). (Like how Lacey Evans has been on TV a couple of times - I mean it won't be her but someone like that.)

And that still doesn't address the non-American part.

I am not arguing quality - that is different. I am just saying that there is no way they aren't going to play to their normal jingoistic tendencies

I mean TJ Perkins was nowhere near one of the best 4 in the CWC and he won the damn thing

You mean famous Filipino TJ Perkins?

Disagree about the NXT part.