DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

7 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

It will only be somewhat obvious if we know who is signed beforehand to a long term deal. They won't have someone win it that isn't sticking around. But as long as that all doesn't leak out it should be a pleasant surprise.

Don't expect anyone who isn't signed to get beyond the second round or so. Rumour is they are looking to sign double figures out of the tournament (it's Rovert, so take it with a grain of salt), in addition to the ones signed going in...

As for Zeuxis, there are long term rumours of WWE interest.

7 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Don't expect anyone who isn't signed to get beyond the second round or so. Rumour is they are looking to sign double figures out of the tournament (it's Rovert, so take it with a grain of salt), in addition to the ones signed going in...

As for Zeuxis, there are long term rumours of WWE interest.

She's had at least one tryout, maybe two. 

23 hours ago, Eivion said:

I don't really expect Kairi to win, just make the semis, maybe final.

I'd put Kairi over in the final because I am a huge mark for her big elbow.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

What are Zeuxis's worthwhile matches? Are there hints he is participating?

I enjoyed most the matches in her on again / off again feud with Princesa Sugehit over the CMLL Mexican National Women's Title.

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I just know i will be annoyed when zeuxis jobs to someone i have never seen work, be it a Shimmer person or joshi signing. :)

So pretty much the other 31 women

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Unless one of the Saras works or they bring in Manami Toyota for the Liger nostalgia pop.

I would be annoyed if Manami Toyota jobbed to Zeuxis.

On 5/20/2017 at 3:29 PM, Oyaji said:

Lita is a bit of a mushmouth and doesn't add a whole lot of insight if we're going from her pre-show appearances.

To be fair, she does not have to say much at all. Just add color and quite frankly she has little to do with the substance she provides. She is the most popular woman that the WWE has produced. Her legacy and being a woman gives her weight in tournaments and events such as these. It would be mighty fucked up if they did not get someone on her level or at least revered in women's wrestling.

The first woman who pulls off a shooting star press gains a lifelong fan in me.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

http://i.imgur.com/yQ825nW.gifv

Ray/Lin Bairon who was revealed to have cancer a year or two ago and a very young Io.

I know. And that is why I hoping these new WWE restrictions in moves forces Io to bust out a Shooting Star Press. I know she can do it. If she is pulling off triple jump moonsaults, she can do a Shooting Star Press.

Io used to do a running SSP but stopped once she joined Stardom. I don't think women not doing SSPs is because of WWE, since its not a move that any women wrestlers ever do aside from Ray a few times. I always assumed it was a height issue, since most female wrestlers aren't very tall and height helps as it gives the wrestler time to rotate all the way around. Plus its a hard move to pull off anyway.

I don't mind Lita being in the booth for the reasons stated, I just think she should be the third. I know some don't like three person teams, but that would allow her to say a few words but not be counted on to say a whole lot, as I don't think commentary is her strong suit.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:26 PM, J.T. said:

I would be annoyed if Manami Toyota jobbed to Zeuxis.

But would you first be happy that they had this match in the WWE in your lifetime?

• Like 1

I know she's booked to appear with ROH but would Kris Wolf be a good fit for this? I haven't seen a ton of her stuff but she seems like she has charisma to spare, plus she has the cache of a Japanese wrestler while being a native English speaker.

15 hours ago, zev said:

But would you first be happy that they had this match in the WWE in your lifetime?

*sigh*.... Yes...

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

Wolf isn't much more than decent right now and is contracted to Stardom.

She's leveraged her considerable charisma into a really good gimmick and she's competent in the ring.  I still think her matches could use a bit more polish, though.

But yeah, contract.

1 hour ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

As Hojo and Shirai have proved; Stardom contracts don't appear to mean much.

Not really true, the reason Io isn't coming over sooner is because she has more dates left on her Stardom contract. As far as we know, Kairi's contract ended and that's why she is going to WWE, no one has reporting that either Kairi or Io are breaking their contract with Stardom. We just don't know what types of contracts Stardom uses, if they are long term, short term, set by appearances, etc.  But we've seen before, even ROH contracts aren't broken by WWE, wrestling promotion contracts are generally pretty solid.

Yeah - the whole reason Adam Cole hasn't been "officially" signed is because the WWE got scared off due to the threat of lawsuits around tampering.

So it is really doubtful they would be all "Fuck Your Stardom Deal!" especially with Wolf

6 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

As Hojo and Shirai have proved; Stardom contracts don't appear to mean much.

Stardom knew Kairi was leaving for around 8 months (basically around Meltzer's original signing claim) so the contracts clearly mean something.

Thea Trinidad has officially signed (per Pro Wrestling Sheet)

Considering they edited out her parts from a recent NXT taping - I am thinking she is now in the tournament

EDIT - the story says that Evie and Nixon Newell officially signed their deals too but that was already a given.

7 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not really true, the reason Io isn't coming over sooner is because she has more dates left on her Stardom contract. 

Do we know this? The rumoured start dates would fit in very well with the normal time frame for foreign signings to get their physicals and legal matters sorted.

I totally forgot about Rosita until I saw her on a UUDD episode and of course she's married or whatever with Aries.  I wonder if Toni Storm becoming the first Progress champion means she won't be involved? I know Progress has some sort of relationship with WWE but why make her the champ if she wouldn't be around to defend it?