DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

So since Renee, they've hired 5 women (Dasha Fuentes, Charly Caruso, Andrea D'Marco, Cathy Kelly, Kayla Braxton) that were very similar in appearance (vaguely ethnically ambiguous brunettes). I only know this because I always got confused and wanted to figure out who is who.

I think Dasha and Kayla do the ring announcing/interviewing on NXT now along with the road stuff. I remember Dasha was the announcer when NXT came to Milwaukee last year.

I assume that someone in the talent department has a type.

Dasha is on Smackdown. I think she does some backstage stuff at NXT along with Kayla now that Andrea is gone. Someone has a type indeed.

The interesting thing about this tournament is WWN is running a women's tourney the same night as this one. I'm guessing that will be filled with Impact knockouts like Sienna and Laurel. Should be interesting who chooses what tournament.

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

So since Renee, they've hired 5 women (Dasha Fuentes, Charly Caruso, Andrea D'Marco, Cathy Kelly, Kayla Braxton) that were very similar in appearance (vaguely ethnically ambiguous brunettes). I only know this because I always got confused and wanted to figure out who is who.

I think Dasha and Kayla do the ring announcing/interviewing on NXT now along with the road stuff. I remember Dasha was the announcer when NXT came to Milwaukee last year.

I assume that someone in the talent department has a type.

The latest hire is a blonde though...

4 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

The interesting thing about this tournament is WWN is running a women's tourney the same night as this one. I'm guessing that will be filled with Impact knockouts like Sienna and Laurel. Should be interesting who chooses what tournament.

LuFisto tweeted wishing everyone luck in the WWE one and then was all "Remember there is also a tournament on FloSlam!" so it looks like we know which one she is doing

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

LuFisto tweeted wishing everyone luck in the WWE one and then was all "Remember there is also a tournament on FloSlam!" so it looks like we know which one she is doing

She already said she wasn't contacted for the MYC a few weeks back.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

She already said she wasn't contacted for the MYC a few weeks back.

Between her age and her medical history, there's no way WWE would touch her, I'd think.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Damn.

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Didn't they just sign Io Shirai?   There are worse ways to introduce the world to her. 

YES~!

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Dave said that Io signed late in the process and may have missed the window to participate in the tournament.

Damn.

There is a lot of talk about who's not participating, but any word on who is or may be in this aside from the five names we already know about? A field of 32 is a good sized bracket to fill. 

I wonder if Sara Del Rey will lace up the boots one more time to put someone over in the opening round?

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

There is a lot of talk about who's not participating, but any word on who is or may be in this aside from the five names we already know about? A field of 32 is a good sized bracket to fill.

The only actual rumours I have seen are Mia Yim and, for some reason, Marti Belle.

They do like taking former TNA folks and doing something with them just because.

Plus - assuming they use the model they used with the CWC - they are going to put some "known" vets in there

Also I will say this right now - if Molly Holly is in this I am going to lose my shit

• Like 8

Any idea based off the UK and CWC tournaments how fast tickets will sell out? I am considering going but if all the best seats are gone in 30 seconds then I wouldn't bother. But I have no idea if NXT has that type of rabid "buy tickets the minute they go on sale" crowd like WWE PPVs do or if its more casual.