DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

5 hours ago, zev said:

I'm thinking Veda will be in the tournament itself, and go to at least the semi-finals.

No fucking way. I like Veda a lot, but she is not in any way a good in-ring wrestler. If there aren't 28 people in the tournament better than her I'd be disappointed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Didn't realize that. Still don't see Stardom giving her this much right now if they see her being gone six months from now.

Do they have any alternatives? It's not like they've really jobbed out Hojo, and she's probably much closer to her leaving.

Renee Young's right there.  I mean, she's not particularly good at color but Jim Ross hasn't been any good at play by play since calendars stopped starting with a 19 and people still pretend he's the best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

No fucking way. I like Veda a lot, but she is not in any way a good in-ring wrestler. If there aren't 28 people in the tournament better than her I'd be disappointed.

Yeah, I love me some Veda but if she is in this tournament, her job will be the same as her brief title shot program with Rosemsary in TNA.

She will get paid to bump huge and get obliterated by whomever the book is pushing in the opening round.

JR and Nigel was an improvement over the regular NXT team.

I just watched a few of Veda's matches, and yeah the tournament is in big trouble if she's in the final 4 lol. She's not horrible, but I would say mediocre at best.

I am not convinced they will put a woman in the spot.

It seemed fairly obvious on Saturday that they don't want JR driving the broadcast - JR himself even said "Nigel is doing the heavy lifting"

If they go just a two man booth than I have to imagine it is with Nigel, Young Boy Tom or Corey Graves

You can add a woman to that but I don't think they are going JR and Renee Young (for example)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It seemed fairly obvious on Saturday that they don't want JR driving the broadcast - JR himself even said "Nigel is doing the heavy lifting"

I believe that was in reference to all the Twitter stuff that Nigel had just spat out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

Didn't realize that. Still don't see Stardom giving her this much right now if they see her being gone six months from now.

They've lost a lot of women recently though right?  I think Toni Storm can be a star in WWE.  I'd be surprised if they didn't pursue her and if she didn't sign. 

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I thought she more or less did during Mania weekend when she was at axxess? 

Nobody knows what's going on with that. Meltzer reported almost all the Progress people that were there were offered deals, but nobody new turned up at the recent tapings.

On 5/22/2017 at 2:49 AM, Norwegian Rudo said:

She's been very clear in the past that WWE is her goal. Stardom might be pushing her hard in an attempt to change her mind?

She also wrestled at Wrestlemania Axxess this year so it pretty much guarantees she'll be at least in the tournament.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:48 PM, nofuture said:

They hit a home-run with Renee.  Now they're trying to find their brunette Renee.

They already have the brunette Renee. Cathy Kelley.