DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mae Young Classic - Summer 2017

ChesterCopperpot

In the newest Observer - Meltzer says Kairi Hojo is expected to be in the tournament. Io Shirai might not be because she signed so much later, the timing might not work out

Meltz:

Hojo was given the word that she has to come up with a new finisher. A lot of people questioned that. Hojo has the coolest looking elbow off the top rope in pro wrestling, probably the best since a young ICW-era Randy Savage. She was told that’s Bayley’s move. To those in Japan, it’s considered ridiculous because that’s the move she’s known for, but it’s a different world.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Meltz:

If that's true then it's just stupid. Bayley doesn't even use it as a finish, and it's mediocre at best while Hojo's is one of a kind.

• Like 2

On today's Takeover Conference Call - Triple H said the original number was 16 for the tournament but they found "some hidden gems" so it grew to 32

They are trying to find the right balance between youngsters and vets from all over the globe citing what the did in the CWC as their model

15 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Do any of them use a Tombstone Piledriver? That one is up for grabs now.

Io does along with the moonsalt(Charlotte's move) 619 (Cesaro's move) running double knee(Almas' move) missle dropkick(Brie's move duh) etc etc. They could really get stupid with this move owning stuff if they wanted to. I think it's just someone trolling Meltzer.

1 hour ago, JCM said:

I think it's just someone trolling Meltzer.

I can absolutely believe it has been an issue backstage, can't believe they'll go through with it though. Like the WWEUK guys "can't work shows that make tape" controversy it will hopefully get worked out in time.