DVDVR Message Board

NXT APRIL 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 4/21/2017 at 7:22 PM, Norwegian Rudo said:

Another report suggested it might have been Street Prophets.

So if I am following his history correctly Angelo Dawkins:

1.  Backpack guy in the Kid and Play hair dancing to the ring

2.  Cocky guy who is always "stirring the pot" although never winning.  Forget what his slogan was

3.  Whatever the Street Prophets are?  

Really if this doesn't work I am expecting to see with a clock on his neck and a manager that looks like Professor Griff.

• Like 1

You forgot the brief team with... Sawyer Fulton maybe... where they were a technical wrestling tag team on TV who were in a heel "Shoot Nation" stable with Jordan and Gable on NXT house shows.

And #2. wasn't just stirring the pot, but pretty much any NBA Jam taunt spam, including I think the LeBron powder throw at times.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, J.T. said:

Please, God:

Make Vince hire Courtney Rush.

Thank you,

JT

Can we get someone else in the company to hire her and never

A) let Vince know about it

B) give her free reign with her gimmick of choice

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, zev said:

Can we get someone else in the company to hire her and never

A) let Vince know about it

B) give her free reign with her gimmick of choice

Let HHH hire her and keep it a secret from Vince. Keep Vince occupied with Roman, Brock, and Braun like a cat playing with yarn or chasing the light from a laser pointer.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Let HHH hire her and keep it a secret from Vince. Keep Vince occupied with Roman, Brock, and Braun like a cat playing with yarn or chasing the light from a laser pointer.

I think those strategies were used and that's how the UK tourney got greenlit.

• Like 1

I thought the CWC was approved only after Vince was distracted by someone bringing in 32 different hot sauces for him to try on his meat wraps. The roster was a bit tough to take care of though.

"Tajiri? Didn't he used to work here?"

"No boss. That's just a brand name. I think it means green sea mist where we imported it from."

"Oh. Well then who the hell names their sauce Zack Sabre Jr.?"

• Like 3

Your NXT Kansas City results from the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, MO

In front of a 'super no vacancy 'crowd of a good number of people in actual seats, plus 4/5 rows at ringside (and a big gap because they're in an Arena whose main tenant is a hockey team)

• Ruby Riot/Aliyah over Billie Kay/Peyton Royce.
  • Dylan Miley over Cezar Bononi
  • Killian Dain (w/ Sanity) over No Way Jose
  • That led in to.. Sanity micwork, challenging anybody, DIY coming down, Dain and Nikki Cross being ejected from ringside.
  • DIY over Eric Young and Sawyer Fulton
  • After that match, Dain came back out, No Way Jose made a save. Cross came out. A woman I'm just gonna assume was Ruby Riot came out. Then all the good guys danced, and the referee did a cartwheel.
  • Intermission. They showed Rollins vs Jinder Mahal on the screen (including a strategic cutaway for the Seth Rollins finisher that shall not be named or shown any more). All the people getting nachos had ample time to get back to their seats.
  • Tye Dillinger beat Patrick Clark. All the fans chanting 10 on countout spots were thrilled Dillinger was there.
  • Asuka beat Sonya Deville to retain.
  • And your main event: Hideo Itami and Alester Black beat Bobby Roode and Andrade Almas. Itami pinned Almas. Bobby Roode's theme is an earworm, and his robe sparkled from a long distance away.

Miley got a pretty good response for his finisher (I'm assuming he's a heel, so apologies if he isn't). I knew Bononi was DOA when he didn't have a tron video. Bobby Roode's entrance got a positive response.

Along the heroes, Dillinger got a real good response. I'd say Itami got a good one. No Way Jose got one because everybody loves a babyface that does dancing spots. Ruby Riot got one. Asuka got one. The kids loved them some Asuka (at least the ones in my section)

If anything seems a bit off about the summary, keep in mind that I spent $19 on an NXT show because not actually regularly watching NXT and being a bit spotty on who was actually still in NXT after WM, aside from some of the bigger names.

Roode was awesome (spit kept flying). Almas had some loud stiff shots. I'm guessing if anybody sucked, it was concealed enough to not suck the energy out of the room. There was lots of fun schtick from the wrestlers (also audience schtick if you're into that). Bobby Roode was actually working his second match in that building (TNA worked it in 2010 and did Beer Money vs Jarrett/Abyss, I was there, Abyss wasn't that tall)

I'd guess DIY/Sanity was better than the main event, although they both were pretty good.

I'm guessing it was more fun than the NFL Draft.

Here's a pic I took of Bobby Roode's intro.

You probably don't need to be recommended to go to an NXT House Show if you're reading this.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Those are damn good seats.  And I agree, NXT shows are great to watch live.  We went last year and had the time of our lives.

I did have to max out the zoom taking pics. The picture quality kinda sucked, probably due to a disagreement between lighting and the iPhone camera (and my 10yr old digital camera). Kinda dimly lit indoor areas are not a good setting for pictures from a distance.

They used half of the arena for NXT and I picked a section on the corner facing the tron instead a section parallel to the tron. Or in Hockey arena terms, the seats facing the goal at an angle instead of mid-rink. I think TNA used the other side of the arena in 2010 and had their backstage in the hockey lockerroom. (Yeah, a minor league hockey team in a market where the NHL flopped has been around for at least 8 years) 

So, for a $19 ticket I bought 3 hours before the show, it shook out pretty well.

• Like 1

I would have loved to have only paid $19.  For $40 we got good seats.  Not super close since it was elevated some, but with it being a small place it was fine all the same.

This picture is without any zoom.  Blurry picture, but shows the size of the place and where we were:

Image may contain: one or more people, concert, crowd, night and indoor

This one is with the camera zoomed in a bit.  My wife was beyond thrilled at getting this shot:

Image may contain: one or more people and people on stage

As well as this one:

Image may contain: one or more people and basketball court

It's still so damn surreal knowing we were this close to Nakamura.

yeah, there were $17 seats for RAW at the Sprint Center (KCMO) which were farther away and which would have cost more overall when parking is factored in (the venue from last night doesn't charge for parking out of the goodness of their hearts, and because they're located next to a Costco which also has a lot of parking)

So it's nice they let the crew out of Florida for a trip to places in Missouri.

Also in the spirit of opportunity, random dudes handled out fliers for a KC based indy to people after the NXT show. And not the KC indy that has a TV show and YouTube. There's two of them now!

• Like 1