DVDVR Message Board

NXT APRIL 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Iron Moose said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"That's annoying" followed by "so are you". 

"Watch the match"

Dear lord. 

[Spoilers for chants. ]

This got overblown like usual Full Sail stuff. It was only a few people and like one match.

I really enjoyed tonight's tapings. It was the first time in a long time that felt like new characters were being made and things were progressing forward. Here is the Takeover Chicago card so far:

Bobby Roode vs Hideo Itami NXT heavyweight title match

Asuka vs Ember Moon vs Ruby Riot vs Nikki Cross fatal 4 way for the women's title

DIY vs Authors of Pain in a ladder match for the tag titles

Drew Mcintyre vs Andrade Cien Almas( this hasn't been made official but it looks like it might happen)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I'm starting to wonder if Almas' "parties all the time" gimmick is one of those public shaming WWE likes to do just like Dean Ambrose was this week.

Now, I want this incorporated somehow into Almas' character.

• Like 6

FYI - it is new NXT Name time so here ya go in case you start seeing these and are all WTF?

Daria Berenato is now Sonya Deville

Macey Estrella is now Lacey Evans

Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford team is now being called Street Posse

12 hours ago, Sublime said:

I don't get changing Daria's name after they already involved her in a storyline and had a couple TV matches but I guess they figure we've already forgotten about that.

Husky Harris became Bray Wyatt.  Leo Kruger became Adam Rose.  Baron Corbin "debuted" after several matches, including a battle royal where the announcers were putting him over.  The Drifter became El Vagabundo. It's developmental.  These things happen.

2 minutes ago, w. josh said:

"Street Posse" is some CBS-procedural level "This is what black culture is like, right?"-sounding nonsense. I guess it's better than just putting "Crime" in the name, at least.

So long as Pete Gas gets to manage them.

• Like 5