DVDVR Message Board

NXT APRIL 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

A few days ago I  watched a few NXT TVs for the first time in a few months and I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed Ohno, I hadnt seen much of him last indie run but I heard he was having a career run and thats saying alot but I really enjoyed his match with Roode. He's turned in to Takayama , i think his build makes the "Young Knock out Kid" style work. I dont get the criticism

I'm guessing the text is some Sumerian or ancient civilization's script. His tag team was the Sumerian Death Squad and satanists love ancient civilizations due to stories about evil spirits and such. 

I couldn't care less about the new NXT theme. People making a big deal about it should actually check how long it plays for. I'll just say that it is weird that in 2017 there is still a persistence of rap-rock in WWE.

That said, I do really like Black's music, even if it's knock off RATM rap-rock.

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I'm guessing the text is some Sumerian or ancient civilization's script. His tag team was the Sumerian Death Squad and satanists love ancient civilizations due to stories about evil spirits and such. 

The text is neither Sumerian cuneiform nor Germanic runes, (the other theory I've heard.) The text has a one-to-one relationship with the letters of the name "Aleister Black", and most of the symbols look vaguely like the modern letters they represent. I'm pretty sure it's entirely made-up.

13 hours ago, Cristobal said:

The text is neither Sumerian cuneiform nor Germanic runes, (the other theory I've heard.) The text has a one-to-one relationship with the letters of the name "Aleister Black", and most of the symbols look vaguely like the modern letters they represent. I'm pretty sure it's entirely made-up.

Seeing it again and looking up different Sumerian scripts, yeah... Definitely not that and almost certainly what you said. Probably inspired by that shyit but it's pretty obvious at second glance.

On 4/13/2017 at 0:24 PM, Cristobal said:

Wingdings

• Like 3

On 4/13/2017 at 11:33 PM, Oyaji said:

Seeing it again and looking up different Sumerian scripts, yeah... Definitely not that and almost certainly what you said. Probably inspired by that shyit but it's pretty obvious at second glance.

Maybe Alister is a huge SG-1 fanboy and that is the Ancient's alphabet (sure looks like it).

• Like 1