DVDVR Message Board

NXT APRIL 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 4/2/2017 at 9:28 AM, Sin Carne said:

It's probably worked out for everyone in the end, but how the fuck did Drew ever get released?

it boggles the mind. drew was under 30 and still had tons of potential. 3mb wasn't much more than enhancement talent but  were on the major shows frequently up until when jinder and drew got  released.  maybe jr told jinder to come back with 60 pounds of muscle and negative bodyfat and maybe they'd have a spot for him and his crew. 

On 4/3/2017 at 8:43 PM, Craig H said:

SHIT. So much for going to the wildest Takeover ever. That's my girlfriend's birthday. 

the move is to go in with a bunch of friends and get the tickets. have them pick up one extra. just offhand mention to your girlfriend that your friend picked up tickets for nxt and you're superpsyched. do not reveal the date at all costs. two weeks before the event have the "omg! nxt is the same night as your birthday! I had no idea. what do YOU think i should do" talk. the key is you not being the one to purchase the tickets so there is plausible deniability about the date. tell her there's an extra ticket and give her the whole "hey, it could be kind of fun to go and you'd get a great story out of it" routine. if she throws a fit, now you have a pair to sell on stubhub and you gave it a shot. if she goes, you marry that girl. 

i personally think this is a fool-proof plan. but you probably shouldn't listen to me. i'm the guy who is ditching my wife and kid on mother's day for a metallica concert. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

it boggles the mind. drew was under 30 and still had tons of potential.

Hell, he's 31 now, having been through several career cycles already. Still a lot younger than most of the men who have main-evented NXT recently.

15 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Hell, he's 31 now, having been through several career cycles already. Still a lot younger than most of the men who have main-evented NXT recently.

Because I was bored:

Going as far back as Arrival, only 7 people have main-evented an NXT Network Special/Event/Whatever that were not yet 31:

Sasha Banks: 23
Bo Dallas: 23
Bayley: 26
Tyler Breeze: 26
(Adrian) Neville: 27
Sami Zayn: 30
Kevin Owens: 30

• Like 1

Reminder that they are taping tonight so if you don't want to know things - you probably should avoid all social media and WWE related things for a bit

My head is spinning with the possibilities. Almas is the crazier one who gets in trouble and Rusev is the muscle that puts motherfuckers out. Have Rusev put a dude in the Camel Clutch while Almas does the running knees for their finisher.

It's like what Enzo and Cass do but it would be done well and the wrestling would be incredible. I wish you hadn't said this because it's never going to happen and I'm going to be so sad every day it doesn't.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

They need to bring him up and make him Rusev's brother or cousin. Call them Perfect Strangers or El Guapo Machka. 

Almas as Cousin Balki and Kurt Angle as Mr. Twinkicetti? That could work.

• Like 4

She officially signed the same time Tommy End and a few others did, right?  I recall seeing pics of her doing some sheildmaiden gimmick but couldn't tell if that was in NXT or somewhere else.  Did they sign Ray Rowe as well or was that just a rumor since the two of them are a couple?

On 4/3/2017 at 7:22 PM, Oyaji said:

Regal initially brought him in as a guest trainer and then later on it was made permanent I believe. 

I'm sure they're from the UK tournament and I'm just forgetting but who is the guy between Bate and Dunne and who's the dude between Regal and Wolfgang?

Between Tyler and Dunne is Joseph Conners, between Regal and Wolfgang is James Drake

• Like 1

So I was thinking that between Killian Dane, Aleister Black, Itami, Ohno, and the DIY guys, plus elevating the likes of Oney and Cedric Alexander, it looks like NXT has the makings of a great upper card scene again. I'd get hyped for any combination of those guys in a singles feud. Sure, it seems like the greatest indie of two years ago, but that's what it felt like when they were based around Neville and Sami and then Owens and Balor too. I guess my point is that as much as I love Nakamura and Joe, that era of NXT seemed like they were treading water until they could get a solid roster again (outside of the tag title feuds, of course).

tl;dr I got excited about wrestling and wanted to tell strangers on the internet.

• Like 6