DVDVR Message Board

NXT APRIL 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Drew Macintire revealed in a post-show interview on WWE's Youtube channel that he's signed with NXT.

Welcome back! I feel like NXT is on the upswing again. So many matches I want to see between Ohno, Drew, Black, Roode, Almas, etc.

They did an injury angle earlier in the day at the EVOLVE show so clearly the WWE and Gabe are coordinating so expect Galloway to finish up his indie commitments the next month or so

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Welcome back! I feel like NXT is on the upswing again. So many matches I want to see between Ohno, Drew, Black, Roode, Almas, etc.

I was thinking the same last night.  After a rough re-building year,  they seem poised to get back to the excitement they had before all the call-ups gutted them.  The current roster had it rough for awhile, but after being established for the past year and then adding in the incoming talent like Black and McIntyre and all the new women waiting in the wings, this next year could be really fun

I am trying to find official confirmation but apparently the WWE announced that the next NXT Takeover is in Chicago on May 20

EDIT - further investigation it is coming from a ticket website claiming that is the date

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 3:28 PM, Sin Carne said:

It's probably worked out for everyone in the end, but how the fuck did Drew ever get released?

He was one of the big guys that were brought up and heavily pushed before they were ready, and soundly rejected by the fans. Both he and Chris Masters got really good, but by that time the fans were not going to see them as serious threats no matter what.

Didn't they do the same thing with Sheamus, but to an even greater extent? What was the reason Drew was pushed way further down the card into a comedy enhancement act then let go and Sheamus is at worst a tag team contender who has a partner that takes almost all of the falls? 

Is it that whole girlfriend or wife thing? I wasn't paying attention at the time.

Regal initially brought him in as a guest trainer and then later on it was made permanent I believe. 

I'm sure they're from the UK tournament and I'm just forgetting but who is the guy between Bate and Dunne and who's the dude between Regal and Wolfgang?

I don't think it is permanent permanent

I seem to recall it was more Saint something like he was going there for "6 months" or something like that

Yup here we go 6 months that started in either Dec or Jan

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-news-johnny-saint-to-work-at-the-wwe-performance-center-new-speculation-on-a-potential-wwe-network-series-featuring-uk-talents/

May 4th in Phoenix, Arizona
May 5th in Riverside, California
May 6th in San Diego, California
May 18th in Highland Heights, Kentucky
May 19th in Evansville, Indiana

8 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Get reservations to a really nice restaurant either the day before or the day after. Ask her whether she'd rather go to <meh restaurant she doesn't like that much> the day of her birthday or <the nice restaurant> the other day?

mMoY7.gif

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

The percentage of my life I've been single argues against A) that gif, and B) taking any relationship advice I offer.

Dude, I'm the king of giving relationship advice to people that I'd never actually do myself.  Listening to my relationship advice would be like listening to Chris Hero's weight loss advice.  Take the compliment, but understand that I'm probably the last person who would be an authority on who is and who ain't "playa."  

• Like 1