DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 TV THREAD

J.T.

On 4/21/2017 at 8:41 AM, WholeFnMachine said:

Anyone else watching Imaginary Mary? As a Muppet fanboy I'll give anything with a puppet type deal a shot, see Unhappily Ever After, plus I like Rachel Dratch and had a huge Dharma & Greg era crush on Jenna Elfman. She is still just, ridiculously pretty, I swear that woman does not age at all. Oh, the show, meh, it's OK to watch off the DVR right before falling asleep.

I'm watching.  The show doesn't really do much for me, but Jenna Elfman has replaced Sasha Alexander as my age-appropriate monster crush.  Fortunately, I don't dislike Imaginary Mary anywhere near as much as Rizzoli and Isles.  I developed an irrational hate for that show (thought it was average, at best, and the tone of the show was usually all over the map.  Way too dark and nasty, for the most part).

I watched every F***ing episode of Rizzoli and Isles.  Clearly, I'm a lot more shallow than people think.

2nd episode in and VEEP is right back on form. Astounding.  When something like this:

"Never forget! Wait, that was the Holocaust. Sorry. Totally forgot!"

is a throwaway line and note even in the top 10 most memorable moments, you are winning.

Amy's face during the closing credits is maybe the most perfect image of being miserable and knowing you deserve it and it will never end no matter how hard you wok. Just total surrender to being a fuck up.

AND NEXT WEEK WE GET MINNA BACK!!!!!!

I'm expecting Jessica Lange to rack up every lead actress in a limited/miniseries award for Feud much like Sarah Paulson did for The People vs. OJ Simpson. The finale was just heartbreaking to watch. It made me feel sympathetic towards Joan Crawford of all people. Maybe, I just feel automatically sorry for anyone who slides into some type of dementia.

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 8:22 PM, piranesi said:

2nd episode in and VEEP is right back on form. Astounding.  When something like this:

"Never forget! Wait, that was the Holocaust. Sorry. Totally forgot!"

is a throwaway line and note even in the top 10 most memorable moments, you are winning.

Amy's face during the closing credits is maybe the most perfect image of being miserable and knowing you deserve it and it will never end no matter how hard you wok. Just total surrender to being a fuck up.

AND NEXT WEEK WE GET MINNA BACK!!!!!!

When the Andrew's texts played over the speakers and Andrew tried to play it off like it was a text that was sent to him by accident and that she was "probably on a bike" and then the lengthy graphic text with names plays and Richard innocently says "That was a long one...must have been at a stop light" just SLAYED me.

It's not over yet, but The President Show has cracked me up. Olbermann was the first guest. I know other's may disagree, but I've always been a fan of the guy, ever since I'd used to watch SportsCenter before school every morning.

Anthony Atamanuik does a great Trump. He was great in that @midnight episode (which was great in general) with the debate from before the election.

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unpinned this topic