DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 TV THREAD

J.T.

Stephanie Courtney (yet another weird double first name), AKA Flo the Progressive girl, has now upped the Cute Commercial Actress ante on @Midnight to TWO! Milana Vayntrub still keeps her crown on both cuteness and hilarity, but it was nice to see Stephanie wearing all black for a change, which is extra points in my book. 

Hardwick said she had a new Netflix show or something. It's cool to see people that typically work in commercials, or even are just musicians show up and try to show their chops on the show. J. Mascis from Dinosaur Jr. (and fucking Deep Wound!) has been a surprise on a couple of occasions. 

Finally finished 13 Reasons Why this morning, while I think there are aspects that are certainly problematic, I also think it was well written, very well acted, and a good place to open up discussions about some difficult topics. Definitely worth your time.

Well anyway, to elaborate, Viacom is trying to make their own streaming service when my buddy only watches like three shows on their channels. He can watch it on his phone on official websites but there's no Chromecast for them. Basically he can't easily watch @Midnight and South Park on Hulu anymore and his girlfriend can't watch whatever MTV trash she likes and that's why he's mad haha 

Didn't most of the Viacom stuff end up on the CBS All Access app?

I'll let him know about that, thanx

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:01 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Stephanie Courtney (yet another weird double first name), AKA Flo the Progressive girl, has now upped the Cute Commercial Actress ante on @Midnight to TWO! Milana Vayntrub still keeps her crown on both cuteness and hilarity, but it was nice to see Stephanie wearing all black for a change, which is extra points in my book. 

She was fucking hilarious as Kevin's mom in those god awful Fred movies on Teen Nick.

SAMURAI JACK~!  THE RETURN OF THE SCOTSMAN~!  HOLY FUCK~!

And, shit.  Thanks to the rather provocative images from Episode XCV, the era of Rule 34 fetishism of Ashi has begun. :(

This is why we cannot have nice things.

Fox is bringing back X-FILES for another limited series run next season, probably 2018 if I had to guess.  This will be a 10 episode run, up from just 6 last time around, so hopefully that'll alleviate some of the pacing problems.

Anyone watching Brockmire on IFC? Thought I would give it a shot after seeing Hank Azaria on ESPN. It's pretty funny so far with Hank playing a former big time baseball announcer who becomes a drunk and disappears to the minors. I like Hank's chemistry with Amanda Peet who still looks great after all these years.

Anyone else watching Imaginary Mary? As a Muppet fanboy I'll give anything with a puppet type deal a shot, see Unhappily Ever After, plus I like Rachel Dratch and had a huge Dharma & Greg era crush on Jenna Elfman. She is still just, ridiculously pretty, I swear that woman does not age at all. Oh, the show, meh, it's OK to watch off the DVR right before falling asleep.

Not to be confused with SiREN, the shitty made for cable movie on Chiller based on Amateur Night, the best of the shorts featured on the horror anthology, V/H/S.

I started watching 12 Monkeys. I'm a few episodes into the 2nd season. I like it. I think there's a bit too much time travel, but I'm happy that season 2 is starting to play around with events in the past causing ripples in the future and there being a potential for space and time unraveling.

I wish there was a little bit more of that season 1. So basically, less time travel, but more past events impacting future events would be for the best. As it is, it's a little bit of Sliders meets Quantum Leap meets Lost considering how much time jumping there is.

So the kid on Son of Zorn is also on Super Store. He must have made a Faustian Bargain to be a TV star. 

I wish Zorn was fully animated, the live action stuff seems to hurt it. 

I was watching the first season if Super Store on Hulu before it expired, Seems like it fell off a cliff after the first season. The manager went from season 2 Micheal Scott to season 8 Micheal Scott in no time. My 13 year old nephew actually likes the show and has never seen the Office. 

This world...

Superstore is pretty funny. I thought it got even better when it entered S2, personally. I was pretty happy when NBC picked it up for a second because I didn't think they would at the time. It's one of my favorite 30 minute comedies currently. But, then again, I do like The Great Indoors, so, whatever.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Casey said:

Superstore is pretty funny. I thought it got even better when it entered S2, personally. I was pretty happy when NBC picked it up for a second because I didn't think they would at the time. It's one of my favorite 30 minute comedies currently. But, then again, I do like The Great Indoors, so, whatever.

I honestly like it well enough, I'm just busting balls. If it gets renewed, I think it will find its sea legs.