DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 TV THREAD

J.T.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm both happy that its here but pissed because it replaced this week's Samurai Jack. That was a dick move.

I was quite pissed off to see that change on my Xfinity guide this evening.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It didn't even show up in my guide. I found out when I tried to watch the recording.

My parents have a cable box that belongs in a tar pit.

It has an older version of the Xfinity guide, so it shows what should be on rather than what is on exactly.

I tuned into what I thought was Samurai Jack only to be enraged by the schedule change.

This is why I need to find a job closer to my own actual crib.  My FiOS guide is the fucking bomb.

I watched it. It's on the Adult Swim website playing over and over again if anyone wants to see it. 

That was really wild. I kept laughing pretty hard at Nathan Fillion doing a Rick impression, doing the gross belches and all. 

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm both happy that its here but pissed because it replaced this week's Samurai Jack. That was a dick move.

Same here.  I found out about it when I switched over to CN at the end of the Tarheels game and discovered that Samurai Jack wasn't on.  Stuck around to catch the 11:30 replay  andi it was pretty damn entertaining.  But I'm still annoyed Jack was pre-empted for a week.  Wanted to find out if any of the Daughters of Aku survived their plunge into the abyss.  I'm assuming Jack will survive (the rest of the season will be very uneventful if he doesn't).

I'm actually surprised by this.  I watched a decent of Samurai Jack's first run but I never got into it and really remember very little of it.  The new, darker take is slowly drawing me in....

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

My parents have a cable box that belongs in a tar pit.

It has an older version of the Xfinity guide, so it shows what should be on rather than what is on exactly.

I tuned into what I thought was Samurai Jack only to be enraged by the schedule change.

This is why I need to find a job closer to my own actual crib.  My FiOS guide is the fucking bomb.

Oh, everyone's guide said that and my cable box was a new model last year.  I think AS deliberately didn't update the guide info to providers, because it was supposed to be a prank.

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

Anyone else catch that Rick & Morty season premiere last night?

That shit came out of nowhere and... Holy Shit, Rick i completely insane!

James

Yeah that ending with Rick having a one on one talk with Morty was amazing. Glad the show is back though fuck whoever decided to it should pre-empt Jack.

April 16th is going to be nuts, with Veep and The Leftovers both premiering. I thought Twin Peaks started up again this month, but it's not until May :(

How has the new season of Homeland been? I only saw the season premiere when they showed it a few weeks early (for whatever reason) and haven't went back to it since. I see the season finale is this coming Sunday... should I binge watch it this weekend, fellow Homeland fans? I know there's a couple of you guys on here. Last season was kind of dull, but I love this damn show for some reason so I'll probably do it regardless of opinion, just so I'll have something to do. Might try to watch most (all?) of the season this Friday night at work, since I'm going in for overtime but won't have anything to do for 10 hours.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

How has the new season of Homeland been? I only saw the season premiere when they showed it a few weeks early (for whatever reason) and haven't went back to it since. I see the season finale is this coming Sunday... should I binge watch it this weekend, fellow Homeland fans? I know there's a couple of you guys on here. Last season was kind of dull, but I love this damn show for some reason so I'll probably do it regardless of opinion, just so I'll have something to do. Might try to watch most (all?) of the season this Friday night at work, since I'm going in for overtime but won't have anything to do for 10 hours.

I've really enjoyed it.  You could say this season is quieter and more cerebral, more focused on conspiracies, political maneuvering and evil machinations than previous seasons, which could be more "24 Lite" at times.  A/V Club has not been kind to this season, which is ridiculous to me because I love it.  I'm not sure whether you should binge it, but I'm not a binge kind of guy, so YMMV.  

TL;DR: it's a great season, a little different from others

12 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Apparently Falling Water was renewed, so I'm in for 8-12 more episodes of "what the fuck did I just watch?"

I am sure that my significant other will be thrilled to learn that Will Yun Lee still has a paying gig on television.

I hate that pretty mother fucker.

• Like 1

USA also renewed Colony.  Production is moving from LA to Vancouver.  I kinda got into the show this season after not caring about season one a whole lot.  Colony's got a solid cast.  Mostly, I'm just happy Sarah Wayne Callies will continue to be on my tv for another year.

FX canceled Man Seeking Woman 

• Like 1

PBS is also airing a different, new adaptation of Anne of Green Gables right now, so apparently it's a hot property.

I watched the new Louis CK special on Netflix last night and it was really hard to get through.  Dude has not grown or changed as a stand up in a decade and it all felt like a rehash of stuff he'd done in earlier specials.