DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

On 4/7/2017 at 10:22 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

tumblr_ncc2b1ehwF1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

??? I have no idea how that is supposed to hurt.

so, Cena choking Umaga with the ropes is believable, but you don't see how the same ropes being pulled against your stomach while someone is standing behind you would hurt? Uh, alright. Those are like fuckin' elevator cables, man.

3 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

If memory serves, Nikki was working over her midsection in the match, so yeah, she's trying to hurt her by pushing her across the middle rope.

Oh, yeah, I think I remember Cena using his ass to push Umaga into the ropes in their I Quit match.  I probably got confused by AJ selling an attack to the midsection like a fly got in her face.

(In all seriousness, it doesn't look like AJ knew what Nikki was going for either),

4 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I guess I missed something.  No idea what Sandow is doing here.  After his Mizdow gimmick, I guess?

rctM7d.gif

Looks like Fandango on the apron, my guess is its his pre-Mizdow period when he was dressing up like Magneto and other things.

3 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

This is my favorite segment from on of my favorite angles/feuds of ALL TIME, the kind of rassling I watch on VHS to cheer myself up when I am blue. "WILLY WILLY, YOUR BOOGIEMAN LOOOVES YOOU". I am happier already...

- RAF

There's also something tremendous about Big Momma coming to get Boogie in a station wagon.... with flames.

• Like 1

I'm probably in the minority, but Santino is one of my least favorite things in wrestling evahh!!! (and think how much ground that covers) and easily my least favorite WWE/F character in the past 30 years.  Just gets a complete nails-on-a-chalkboard reaction from me.

On the other hand, he seemed to be fairly over and apparently sold a lot of merch, so he was doing something right.

Sucks about his neck.  He's a guy I look at and go "He worked short matches, didn't have to bump a lot, generally won on house shows, hardly ever got put into a spot where he had to kill himself on a PPV, worked a safe style, etc.  If he couldn't stay healthy in this business, who can?"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Lol.  So are we going to pretend this is too much, and there wasn't enough selling,  and exposes the business, or are we going to admit that Ricochet is a fucking beast and entertains the shit out of us by flipping all over the place?

It's a pro wrestling board.  For all I know we'll have people liking and hating it all in one sentence.

I personally loved that.  If that was the hot tag then that is one of the more entertaining hot tags I've seen in some time.

Yeah, it kind of depends on the situation. It more or less works as a shine or a Hot Tag. It doesn't work in other situations. You saw the choreographed strings in his "vs the world" stuff where he was interacting with two guys at once a lot more than you would even with lucha guys twice his age from 1988, but in general, it depends on the situation.