DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, Zartan said:

It was the Too Sweet hand gesture that got me. Didn't know every indy geek is doing it now.

Also fwiw I've seen a handful of Bucks matches. First one was from the first DG USA show but I will admit to never seeing one second of Matt Tavern. 

And yea I get it the Bucks are totally working me in to their schtick that only they and a few select intellectual wrestling guru's like yourself get. 

677896561e6539b116478e0c9b65108a7f197856

4 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Oh good, another "Anyone that doesn't like The Young Bucks' stupid horseshit is being trolled" argument that no one asked for. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Claiming to hate a wrestler because of one gif, and then it turns out that gif isn't even that wrestler.  Tremendous.

Regardless, if you hate the Young Bucks, 1) you're falling for the work and 2) you probably haven't seen much Young Bucks.  Probably haven't seen any.

I myself, don't find the Young Bucks entertaining at all. Not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Invasion Championship Wrestling ran their first of two big charity double-shots in Kelowna/Vernon this past weekend, and the feature was Billy Gunn this time. The promoter was stressing about taking the Fameasser, but I think he did okay...

giphy.gif

I think Rizzo gets more heel heat than Vince McMahon did when WWE ran a Smackdown in Kelowna...and that was on the show where they teased a Vince-Lesnar steel cage match, only for Brock to align with Vince.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

9JmJmrw.jpg

I've never seen this before.  USA Logo, so... one of the recent seasons of Tough Enough?

Who is that?  And what is she trying to do (learn how to bump, I assume)?

Ouch.  I'm almost sure I'd quit the business five minutes into my first training session.

16 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I've never seen this before.  USA Logo, so... one of the recent seasons of Tough Enough?

Who is that?  And what is she trying to do (learn how to bump, I assume)?

Ouch.  I'm almost sure I'd quit the business five minutes into my first training session.

It's the 2011 Tough Enough and I'm pretty sure the person horribly bailing on a front flip is Rima Fakih.  The more famous gif from that season is this one:

xnt4l5.jpg

edit: LOL here's the video

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

It's the 2011 Tough Enough and I'm pretty sure the person horribly bailing on a front flip is Rima Fakih.  The more famous gif from that season is this one:

xnt4l5.jpg

On a show that contains the current Son of Havoc, Marty the Moth (I believe),  and Ivillese from Lucha Underground, Cameron actually made the WWE roster.   Plus there was a couple other guys like AJ Kirsch and Luke Robinson who maybe had potential.

So if you thought the last Tough Enough was awful 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

CviQBIn.gif

Yeah, not something I'd agree to take...

7BY7SOk.gif

Probably just the camera angle, but the velocity looks insane.

I believe that is Kairi Hojo taking the stomp in the first pic. I love Kairi, but she isn't always the brightest when it comes to these things. She took a piledriver turned into a halfassed powerbomb off the apron when Io Shirai figured out how dumb the move they were doing was. Kairi ended up concussed and missing the rest of a tournament after that match.

On that second gif, its not just the angle and not actually the worst one. I've noticed the last few times its been used it doesn't have near that impact. I'm guessing that is on purpose.