DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

19 minutes ago, Sublime said:

If I remember correctly the Briscoes were about to get signed until Jay made homophobic tweets. 

edit: I believe the tweets also included the threat of murder towards people who aren't homophobic also

I don't recall the murder threats but he definitely had homophobic tweets.  It led to him taking his Twitter account and it wasn't until last year he put it back up (which is hardly used)

One funny thing about is is his first shows after apologizing people threw rainbow-colored streamers at him.

• Like 1

That wasn't why at all, that occurred waaaaay before NXT was even on the table and was around the time Jay was ROH champ IIRC

Industry rumour said they were offered developmental but the uprooting from Delaware wasn't worth the money as they help run the family business

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

File:Alexa Bliss 2016.jpg

Alexa Bliss as WWE Smackdown Live's Women's Champion!

Can't wait until she's the Raw women's champion; eventhough I do like Bayley. Bayley's main roster run thus far as been terrible, through no fault of her own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can't wait until she's the Raw women's champion; eventhough I do like Bayley. Bayley's main roster run thus far as been terrible, through no fault of her own.

Is this proof enough I won the bet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

I still kinda feel bad for David Arquette, who will always have kinda a stigma about him, when he was just a wrestling fan who thought the move was just as stupid as the rest of us.

Does anyone really hate David Arquette for winning the title? I mean we all know he's a huge wrestling fan and he gave all the money he earned from WCW to various dead/injured wrestlers families. The dumbest thing about putting the belt on Arquette was doing it on Thunder which no one watched anyway.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Does anyone really hate David Arquette for winning the title? I mean we all know he's a huge wrestling fan and he gave all the money he earned from WCW to various dead/injured wrestlers families. The dumbest thing about putting the belt on Arquette was doing it on Thunder which no one watched anyway.

There are people who hate Arquette for going along with it. There are people who hate Vince Russo for booking it. There are people who hate Tony Schiavone for suggesting it. There are people who hate me for bringing it up. There are people who hate you for continuing discussion on it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

I still kinda feel bad for David Arquette, who will always have kinda a stigma about him, when he was just a wrestling fan who thought the move was just as stupid as the rest of us.

I never had a problem with him. He seems like a nice enough guy. I blame the idiot who booked him and whoever hired said idiot. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Victator said:

I never had a problem with him. He seems like a nice enough guy. I blame the idiot who booked him and whoever hired said idiot. 

You didn't have a problem with him taking someone else's spot?

• Like 3