DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Also, helluva find on that Vince/Liger pic. I figure it has to be from the Tokyo Dome 1990 Wrestling Summit show. Looks like Vince was running Gorilla position that night?

Have the NJPW matches from that show ever aired? I don't recall coming across them during my tape trading days or during the YouTube era.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Reminds me of the guy on this board years ago whose name escapes me that got married in a fucking lucha mask.  I seem to recall the divorce wasn't far behind.

It's never a good sign when the bride arrives dressed as a babyface and the groom dresses as a heel.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

The wedding night seemed to be going alright with the groom having a long control sequence, but then he tried to cut off her fired-up comeback sequence and long story short, she no-sold his finisher.

I just hope, when it was over, attendants stormed in with freezing spray, old school All japan style.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Reminds me of the guy on this board years ago whose name escapes me that got married in a fucking lucha mask.  I seem to recall the divorce wasn't far behind.

Didn't our fellow board member, Green Lantern Fan, get married or at least have his proposal on a '93 Raw?

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, Shibata Is My Homie said:

attachment.php?attachmentid=228213&d=112

Someone who knows their way around a ring, answer this... isn't that a weird way to lift a big guy? Shouldn't Andre be posting?

9 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Also, helluva find on that Vince/Liger pic. I figure it has to be from the Tokyo Dome 1990 Wrestling Summit show. Looks like Vince was running Gorilla position that night?

True. This is the logo on Vince's lanyard there.

tumblr_oodjq0BjDo1qzp5ffo1_540.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pete said:

I merely said I was entertaining the idea... I never got to the point of broaching it with her. Then again, she OK'd our wedding party coming out to "Welcome to The Jungle" (@Rev Ray can confirm) and we ourselves came out to "Everything Is Awesome" so she might have been cool with it. Hell, we used "Drop It Like It's Hot" for the challah blessing. :D

Even if she went for the intro, I doubt she would have gone for the pyro synced up with crotch chops. 

12 hours ago, Pete said:

I merely said I was entertaining the idea... I never got to the point of broaching it with her. Then again, she OK'd our wedding party coming out to "Welcome to The Jungle" (@Rev Ray can confirm) and we ourselves came out to "Everything Is Awesome" so she might have been cool with it. Hell, we used "Drop It Like It's Hot" for the challah blessing. :D

I was disappointed Pete didn't do the full Cheetah Master entrance or the that Pete and Cindy didn't do the Steiner Brothers pose.

Also true story, I sent Okada bucks as part of the gift and did a bunch of wrestling jokes on the back including who not to invite to a wrestling wedding.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I was disappointed Pete didn't do the full Cheetah Master entrance or the that Pete and Cindy didn't do the Steiner Brothers pose.

Also true story, I sent Okada bucks as part of the gift and did a bunch of wrestling jokes on the back including who not to invite to a wrestling wedding.

Cindy actually locked the Okada funbucks in the hotel safe with the rest of the gifts that night. It was hilarious. 

I have a request. Does anyone have a high resolution pic of Harley from the "Somebody take the damn money" promo? Preferably one of him next to the briefcase full of money while it's open? I google searched it and could only find ones that were either shitty resolution or were screenshots from the old WWE 24/7 channel and thus copyright protected (the t-shirt company wouldn't allow me to use it). Any help is appreciated.