DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Dog said:

Randomly listened to 5 minutes of Cornette on YouTube recently, and he said he doesn't watch any WWE unless someone sends him a Revival match.

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

@scottdawsonwwe

The Revival and Jim Cornette!

• Like 4

On 4/7/2017 at 10:01 PM, Victator said:

They backed off the Angel Of Death plan. I would guess because they knew him and Sting could not have a PPV quality main event. Which seems off now but in 1990, more was expected of the NWA Champion. The Sid/Sting match being the outlier. 

They probably backed off the Angel of Death plan because nobody knew who AoD was or gave a shit about him.  Scorpion revealing himself to be some unknown bald dude with a molester mustache would have gone over like a fart in church.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

You'd think an old school guy like Dawson would, you know, lay off the 29 hashtags in one post.

He does it like someone who's old enough to have been actively wrestling in 1979. Seems right to me.

• Like 2

Things I would like answers to either now or eventually-

-Do New Day have a PA system trailing behind them, or is Big E just carrying around a mic he yells into even though it isn't on?

-Why is there a roll of toilet paper lying on the floor of Seth's kitchen?  Does he shit in the sink or something?

-The milk/cereal ratio in that colossal bowl Seth has is completely absurd.

-What's in the bag Kofi has?  Is Seth sad because he's eating soggy cereal that isn't Booty-Os?  Do Booty-Os retain more of their crunchy integrity in milk than lesser cereals?

• Like 7

5 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

It's how Dorothy Parker would answer her front door.

According to Wikiquote, the humorist Dorothy Parker would say "What fresh hell can this be?" whenever she answered her doorbell. "What fresh hell is this?" is a variation of the quote that first appeared in the title of a 1989 biography written by Marion Meade, Dorothy Parker: What Fresh Hell Is This?

• Like 1

Why is Seth's cell phone in his milk container? Why is his milk clear enough to see said phone when it's in the container but the normal color of milk when poured out? Why does Crossfit Jesus have numerous Chinese takeout cartons strewn about his floor? Why is there a baseball bat in the corner?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

It's how Dorothy Parker would answer her front door.

Dorothy Parker being cited in a wrestling thread may just be the greatest thing ever. A bazillion likes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

Why is Seth's cell phone in his milk container? Why is his milk clear enough to see said phone when it's in the container but the normal color of milk when poured out? Why does Crossfit Jesus have numerous Chinese takeout cartons strewn about his floor? Why is there a baseball bat in the corner?

So many questions raised in those panels that I can only attempt to answer a few... 

As to the roll of TP, obviously, with a sink full of dirty dishes Seth Rollins obviously does his business elsewhere. I'm betting that we don't want to know what's in those takeout containers on the floor. 

If Big E wants to shout into a dead mic, I'm certainly not going to be the one to tell him he can't do that.

As for the baseball bat, he's hoping that Dean Ambrose has some barbed wire left from his John Moxley days so he can cosplay being Negan.

• Like 1