DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, Ace said:

AoD ended up being one of the fake Black Scorpions that night anyways. 

Yeah that's the craziest thing. They wanted him to be the Black Scorpion but couldn't reach an agreement and he ended up becoming the Black Scorpion for a night anyway.

I love Flair talking about being the Black Scorpion though.

"I wore the Black Scorpion mask twice. Once in the ring and the other in the bar later that night." I wish I could've been in the bar to see Flair wearing the Black Scorpion outfit and pounding drinks.

4 hours ago, Victator said:

Just occurred to me that Eddie Gilbert would have been perfect. 

In retroactive 2017 Eddie Gilbert would have been perfect.  In 1990 Eddie Gilbert was a guy jobbing to the SST and sometimes beating Samu in singles.  Yeah, Eddie was awesome.  But at that time, that might have tanked Sting even more than that feud did anyway.  There was literally no payoff to the Scorpion angle that wasn't Warrior.  And they weren't getting Warrior.  But they kept acting like it might be.

6 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

In retroactive 2017 Eddie Gilbert would have been perfect.  In 1990 Eddie Gilbert was a guy jobbing to the SST and sometimes beating Samu in singles.  Yeah, Eddie was awesome.  But at that time, that might have tanked Sting even more than that feud did anyway.  There was literally no payoff to the Scorpion angle that wasn't Warrior.  And they weren't getting Warrior.  But they kept acting like it might be.

Well actually Eddie had been gone eleven months by that point. All they needed was a somewhat logical payoff that was not as anti climatic as Flair.

As a very gullible nine year old, I never once thought it might be the Ultimate Warrior. 

Eddie was a top shelf heel and could have cut promos that make it work. He doesn't even need to get a lot of offense. But I'm also certain Eddie was not willing to return to WCW. 

I think from a match standpoint, the issue with Flair is his style is so distinctive. Flair tries very hard to disguise his work and it made for a terrible match. 

Barry would have been as anti climatic but would have been a better match at least. 

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I heart Nia Jax

As if there weren't enough reasons to love Nia above the usual ones that involved women being hurled around the ring by their hair.

• Like 5

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, steve said:

Uh.. he isn't, though?

And even if he was, it's not like Cornette's a good metric. He's like six feet tall. He always looked close to the same size as the Midnights and they did okay for themselves.

4 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Nattie found a letter that Tenzan had written to TJ thanking him for helping him train prior to one of the G1's he won.

Loved Tenzan using a smiley face in his letter.