DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Its always the wrong thread for Wild Hogs

That wasn't what I was wrong-threading, but I agree. Except for Marisa Tomei. She's delicious in that one. Not delicious enough to make the movie worth watching, but anyway. 

Now, to get us back on topic:

h81YORO.jpg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Kronos said:

That wasn't what I was wrong-threading, but I agree. Except for Marisa Tomei. She's delicious in that one. Not delicious enough to make the movie worth watching, but anyway. 

Now, to get us back on topic:

h81YORO.jpg

Bob Backlund has in fact become Alfred E Neuman.

• Like 7

Please make that man a babyface and let him do his own promos. You want the next "guy", look no further. Think of how better his second best in-ring attribute after his presence, that being selling, would be if he were a face! I felt his pain when he sold the ankle in the Swagger series! He's had his run as the big bad furrner... Let the beauty of Rusev, powerhouse babyface run free.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

From the Washington State Archives Facebook:

wE2JXIi.jpg

"I said seven dollars, not eight."

"Yes sir, Mr. Roussimoff." 

EDIT: Wait, three dollars was the original amount? Did they bump it up because of his size or something? He should have smiled harder at the person at the desk and got it down to two. 

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

C8bqqHfXkAEuza4.jpg

Steamboat, Regal, Saint. From Regal's Twitter. 

Johnny Saint could still kick all our asses. 

I wouldn't pick a fight with any of those three.  Steamboat still looks like beast, and I assume Regal is always carrying a concealed weapon or three.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Victator said:

I think its looking like a wrestling mask but with paint. As 87 goes on the paint evolves, some of it looks like auxiliary Kiss members.

C8WoMiYXkAEbmKO.jpg

C8WfXzzWAAoRPrF.jpg
I actually like the mask look. 

C76JqbuW0AAUtPO.jpg

And for comparisons sake. The Morton Downey candy cane look that Ax makes work.

This is making me want to pull out my Demo comp discs.  I'd probably enjoy it more than last night too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Please make that man a babyface and let him do his own promos. You want the next "guy", look no further. Think of how better his second best in-ring attribute after his presence, that being selling, would be if he were a face! I felt his pain when he sold the ankle in the Swagger series! He's had his run as the big bad furrner... Let the beauty of Rusev, powerhouse babyface run free.

Rusev would never be a top face in the company. His accent makes a certain section of the audience automatically boo him. Ifh e became a face he'd have to be 100% patriotic American and that's not going to propel him to the top of the card of a long-term basis

15 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Rusev would never be a top face in the company. His accent makes a certain section of the audience automatically boo him. Ifh e became a face he'd have to be 100% patriotic American and that's not going to propel him to the top of the card of a long-term basis

Hogwash.  This isn't 1985.  Rusev is charismatic enough to be a top babyface, regardless of accent.  Sure, you'll get a portion of the fanbase that doesn't like him, but no wrestler is 100% loved.

• Like 2